Kenner, LA

Posted July 13, 2010
My grandchildren has learned so much at this school. I was worried about the Montessori concepts but found it to be a great asset to their education. The Principal and staff cares about the students and makes parents and the community feel welcome.This school also have great programs that show the student's talent.Music,Arts and Spanish classes is a plus!

Washington Montessori 3

Posted March 22, 2009
I am a new teacher and have been at Washington Montessori for two years so far. I chose to stay at the school despite some of the problems. The teachers are wroking with the students constantly. They discipline consistently in ways that work one time, but perhaps not the next. The communication home is probably one of the weaknesses, because there is so much that goes home that it becomes too much to follow. The school is getting better with parental involvement. The parents that show the interest in providing opportunities for their students really make a difference. Approaching a parent that isn't open to the child's poor choices is difficult because they won't support the consequences and show their student it is unacceptable. Otherwise, I love the school and plan to stay to see the wonderful changes that happen over the years.

Washington Montessori 0

Posted July 20, 2008
I had a prek daughter who went to Washington elementary and I must say I was pleased with how well organized her teacher was and how caring she was. My daughter learned so much and everyday she looked forward to going to school. The plus for me was the way she came home telling me what she learned, what activities she did at school, and about her teachers. The negative side is when I went to the school I seen so may students wondering the halls and cursing. Lastly the buses ran poorly most of the time the bus did not show up and when you were to call and report it in the office they didn't know anything about it. .The office administrative communication to parents were very poor you asked the principal or even the secretary a question about the information they sent how they seem to know nothing

Posted May 25, 2004
My daughter Robyn will be leaving Washington this year. I hate to see her leave here this school really does help the students with positive thinking and, motivates the kids with every activity that's done. Pam Smith

Posted May 02, 2004
I love this school went to this school from kindergarden to fifth grade. I miss washington elementary .The best ele. school ever.

Washington Montessori
606 Clay Street, Kenner, LA  70062
Last modified Washington Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Montessori Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top