Kenner, LA

Posted June 14, 2011
This is a great public school, regardless of what the rating. We had just move to the area last year and I was a little skeptical. However, my daughter did very well at this school in fact she had the highest GPA in her 5th grade class. The teachers and principal are wonderful people and really care about the students and the curriculum was challenging. The front office staff and the before/after school staff are also wonderful people. Great school!! Keep up the good work Principal Gautreaux and staff.

Posted May 09, 2011
This is a wonderful school for any child to attend. The teachers & staff truly care about each and every child's education as well as thier well being too. My daughter has attended this school since the district change, 3rd grade for her, and now is in her final year - 5th grade. When I say ALL of the staff is great and caring, I mean it. My daughter has built strong relationships with the front office secretaries, teachers, coaches, & all the way to the lunch ladies, they are all very caring, helpful, and all wish to see the children do thier very best at anything.They offer plenty of extra activities to stimulate your child artistically, mentally, and physically. I would highly recommend this school for any child.

J.J. Audubon Elementary School

Posted October 08, 2009
My daughter was a Ac for kindergarden and i was worried about the district change,but it was the best change ever. I love the school inside and out they are doing a great job, and it is a pleasure to have my daughter going here.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and stuff are very caring.

Posted February 21, 2008
I believe J.J.Audubon to be a very good school. Our experience with the principal Mrs. Roques her office staff and teachers has always been positive they are, compassionate and caring The secretaries are very helpful and the teachers have always shown interest in the overall development of the student. The goals are academics, and positive behavioral conduct. A parent could not ask anything more or expect less Submitted by A. Keyser

J.J. Audubon Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2005
this is an average school. The secretaries are very helpful and the teachers are nice.

J.J. Audubon Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2005
I must absolutely agree with the previous review, with the exception of the teachers. My experience with the principle was very similar. She was defensive, rude, and offered little to help improve the situation. In addition, his teacher would send home bad behavior grades day after day, was not forthcoming or helpful when I tried to assess the problems nor did she facilitate him getting the evaluation that my tax dollars pay for. I ended up using my own money to get him evaluated by professionals. He has made great progress not only with his behavior but his Iowa test scores really improved, but of course he received no encouragement from his teacher and I received no feedback on his improvement or and encouragement that things were headed in the right direction. They label kids, suspend them, tear down their self-esteem and just leave you hanging. Very Disappointed!

J.J. Audubon Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2004
My child attended this school last year. I feel the teachers are well qualified. The principle how ever has a lot to learn. I have a child add and she is very exteme to my child. When I try to discuss the situations with her she is very defensive and very controdictive about situatons that happen. I also have contacted school board about her because the teacher works well with my child giving him a green day which is good and the same day she suspense him. I think we need to be careful about who's hands we leave our children with.

J.J. Audubon Elementary School
200 West Loyola Drive, Kenner, LA  70065
Last modified J.J. Audubon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.J. Audubon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top