Kenner, LA
Before care: Yes

Chateau Estates Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
PART 2 of 2: While there are worse school environments in the parish, Chateau's warmth comes from staff, not the leadership.Can't speak for next year b/c there will be so many new teachers,but quality of academics was good. It is just input from parents and students is not welcome. I never saw announcements when PTO meetings happened.I was never asked to be involved in planning the few PTO sponsored events that did occur. There doesn't seem to be community outreach at all. Except when they want us to sell something or donate. The last PTO VP left with her kids to go to the new charter school. Along with some other great kids and parents. I'm sure the parish funding is limited, but when I see teachers with pencil sharpeners that barely work and I'm asked to send in expo markers on my supply list, yet there are new banners being purchased about how great Chateau is...well I wonder. Sure the school scores have improved, but at what cost?

Chateau Estates Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
PART 1 of 2: If it's test scores you care about only, great. But Chateau over the last few years has forgotten about education of the whole child in favor of academics. Mrs. Winkler has been principal since '10, and while she had a part in increasing scores, she's not welcoming to parents. So many of the fun events other reviewers spoke of are no longer done. The ones that remain are boring and haphazardly planned. you can tell the kids don't enjoy them the way they used to. There almost wasn't even a Kdg closing ceremony this year (through no fault of the wonderful K teachers)! It was finally decided it would be allowed the day before it occurred. So no sweet songs and decor this year. My kids were amazed when they saw the extra curriculars other schools have. There isn't even art/music/foreign language. And with them stuffing in 6-8th grades now, I can't see where there will be room. And my primary grade kids will share a bathroom with middle schoolers! There is a huge change in teachers this year. So many wonderful, caring teachers quit or retired this past two years. That is a concern for me.

Posted June 23, 2013
Chateau Estates is now a high performing school. We are rated A based on school performance scores. The teachers and principal are amazing.

Posted May 31, 2011
I ATTENDED CHATEAU ESTATES FOR K-5, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. I AM NOW 24 YEARS OLD AND WORK FOR THE FEDERAL GOVT. CHATEAU, ALTHOUGH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, DID A LOT FOR ME CULTURALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND ACADEMICALLY. IT TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE DIVERSE, CONSIDERING I WAS AMONGST A DIVERSE GROUP OF CHILDREN. I LIVED IN THE CHATEAU ESTATES AREA, AND I TRULY MISS IT.... THE GOOD OLE' DAYS. I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE. GREAT, CARING, EMPATHETIC TEACHERS. **SHOWTOUT TO MS. WOMACK-MY KINDERGARDEN TEACHER**

Posted February 08, 2011
I attended this school for second and third grade. The teachers are excellent. I now have owned my own company and am currently working as executive management in NYC because of the wonderful teachers like my 3rd grade math teacher Ms. Hinton who taught me to love Mathematics. I always remember the staff and wonderful memories from attending Chateau Estates.

Posted May 15, 2010
This school has done SO much for my child! He is Autistic and was lucky to be placed here! His teachers and aids have helped him so much that I feel like he's a different child. The school is also really good about teaching the other neurotypical children all about the special needs children creating a level of acceptance and inclusion. I don't feel like my son is alienated because of his condition, in fact I feel like the entire school (faculty, staff and student body) is supporting my son in his journey! This is an excellent school and I would recommend it to EVERYONE!

Posted April 21, 2010
I like this school because of the help the my children have gotten the years they when to this school. As a child I attended Chateau Estates Elementary School and loved it . The events they have through the school year for the kids is great and the way the school does the events are great.

Chateau Estates Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
This is our first year at Chateau. We are so happy with the school. The Teachers and the rest of the staff are wonderful!!! We are so lucky to be a part of this school. Looking forward to many more great years.

Chateau Estates Elementary School 0

Posted September 09, 2008
The school is great! The teachers always return calls concernining students. The principal is personal and both assistant principal and principal are always helping with dismisal of the children .

Posted June 25, 2008
The teachers are great with the kids. I have been very happy since day one with the school and teachers. Mrs Gauthreaux a huge asset to the school. The teachers from pre-K to 5th care about the kids and loves to teach. I am sad with the new zoning that my baby girl will not be able to attend Chateau.

Chateau Estates Elementary School
4121 Medoc Drive, Kenner, LA  70065
Last modified Chateau Estates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chateau Estates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top