Posted April 28, 2015
Chateau Estates is an amazing school for your child to attend. If you want your child to have a successful education, be around positive behavior, a positive administration, and a positive environment, Chateau is the school to attend. As a parent, the goal I wanted for my child was to get a good education and to be accepted for who he is. Chateau is our second home with a great staff. To all the faculty and administration, continue thriving for excellence, as you are doing a fabulous job. For the students at Chateau, keep up the good work, you are doing an awesome job! What great role models the kids are for Chateau Estates Elementary.

Posted April 27, 2015
Chateau is a wonderful school that has raised student achievement. There are two posts by obviously a disgruntled parent. It is ashamed that someone would post those reviews. Look at the schools' progress. The post states the school was once a great school. Look at the data for the school prior to this administration. The school was failing to educate children from 2005-2010. The leadership at the school is excellent. They have made huge improvements. Parents are always welcome. Visit the school and you will see the wonderful things going on for children.

Chateau Estates Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2015
At one time, Chateau was a wonderful school. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. So many wonderful teachers leave on a yearly basis due to issues with the school's leadership. There has been an extremely high teacher turnover that has taken place over the past few years. Of course, this is detrimental to student progress as it often happens during the school year. Also, the leadership seems to only be concerned with test scores. I know that schools are under pressure with regard to standardized scores, but this school takes this obsession to another level. If you want your child to receive a well rounded education, send them elsewhere.
4 people found this helpful

Chateau Estates Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
PART 2 of 2: While there are worse school environments in the parish, Chateau's warmth comes from staff, not the leadership.Can't speak for next year b/c there will be so many new teachers,but quality of academics was good. It is just input from parents and students is not welcome. I never saw announcements when PTO meetings happened.I was never asked to be involved in planning the few PTO sponsored events that did occur. There doesn't seem to be community outreach at all. Except when they want us to sell something or donate. The last PTO VP left with her kids to go to the new charter school. Along with some other great kids and parents. I'm sure the parish funding is limited, but when I see teachers with pencil sharpeners that barely work and I'm asked to send in expo markers on my supply list, yet there are new banners being purchased about how great Chateau is...well I wonder. Sure the school scores have improved, but at what cost?

Posted May 31, 2011
I ATTENDED CHATEAU ESTATES FOR K-5, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. I AM NOW 24 YEARS OLD AND WORK FOR THE FEDERAL GOVT. CHATEAU, ALTHOUGH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, DID A LOT FOR ME CULTURALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND ACADEMICALLY. IT TAUGHT ME HOW TO BE DIVERSE, CONSIDERING I WAS AMONGST A DIVERSE GROUP OF CHILDREN. I LIVED IN THE CHATEAU ESTATES AREA, AND I TRULY MISS IT.... THE GOOD OLE' DAYS. I WOULD RECCOMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE. GREAT, CARING, EMPATHETIC TEACHERS. **SHOWTOUT TO MS. WOMACK-MY KINDERGARDEN TEACHER**

Posted February 08, 2011
I attended this school for second and third grade. The teachers are excellent. I now have owned my own company and am currently working as executive management in NYC because of the wonderful teachers like my 3rd grade math teacher Ms. Hinton who taught me to love Mathematics. I always remember the staff and wonderful memories from attending Chateau Estates.

Posted May 15, 2010
This school has done SO much for my child! He is Autistic and was lucky to be placed here! His teachers and aids have helped him so much that I feel like he's a different child. The school is also really good about teaching the other neurotypical children all about the special needs children creating a level of acceptance and inclusion. I don't feel like my son is alienated because of his condition, in fact I feel like the entire school (faculty, staff and student body) is supporting my son in his journey! This is an excellent school and I would recommend it to EVERYONE!

Posted April 21, 2010
I like this school because of the help the my children have gotten the years they when to this school. As a child I attended Chateau Estates Elementary School and loved it . The events they have through the school year for the kids is great and the way the school does the events are great.

Posted May 01, 2009
This is our first year at Chateau. We are so happy with the school. The Teachers and the rest of the staff are wonderful!!! We are so lucky to be a part of this school. Looking forward to many more great years.

Posted September 09, 2008
The school is great! The teachers always return calls concernining students. The principal is personal and both assistant principal and principal are always helping with dismisal of the children .

4121 Medoc Drive, Kenner, LA  70065
Last modified Chateau Estates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chateau Estates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top