Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 1

Posted March 23, 2015
OLPH has been such an incredible disappointment. We moved from our previous parish which was an incredible school and great parish which split all fund raising proceeds between parish and school evenly, to this. Our first grader's teacher is great, however the school leadership and parish are not even close to par. Poorly planned fund raising events, only a single (half baked) school trip all year with no planned transportation, etc...a Pastor who appears only to care about funding his personal projects and not the welfare of the students. We will not be continuing with OLPH.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 2

Posted February 09, 2015
This will be my son's last year, at this school. He's been here since pre-K and he used to love it. The personnel changes started when he was in third grade. We came back after the summer and all but a few (2 or 3) of the original teachers were still there. Now, it's every year you are just hoping to see familiar faces, to no avail. I still love the school and the staff (the ones I know) but this is not a stable place for my son. Very disappointing.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2013
This school is fantastic! It is SACS Accredited, and has wonderful, caring, and knowledable teachers. It is multicultural, and treats all students, faculty and staff with respect and dignity. It gives your child a well-rounded education while teaching your child about God, and creating in him/her a lifelong love of learning and a relationship with God. The school also offers many extracurricular activities.I highly recommend this school!

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 2

Posted January 30, 2012
i don't recommend this school for lower grades the cirriculum is too phonic based and there aren't adequeate teacher assistance . i am taking my daughter out for the upcoming year

Posted April 16, 2010
It is refreshing to see a school that my children look forward to attending daily. I am also a graduate of Our Lady of Perpetual Help School and highly recommend it. As with most of your larger schools, your child is not just a number there.

Posted April 16, 2010
Although Our Lady of Perpetual Help School has a small enrollment, the children receive individual attention that they would not receive in a larger enviroment. It's wonderful for me as a parent to have Nuns present on campus as well as teaching our children. It is a clean, healthy, and very spiritual environment.

Posted April 16, 2010
This is my sons first year at this school and i am very impressed with the teachers always offering help after school. My son also plays sports and the coaches are very patient and committed. I am a graduate of O.L.P.H. and i would recommend this school.

Posted April 15, 2008
OLPH is a struggling school with drasctically reducing enrollment. With out proper funding the students do not have the same opportunites as other schools. The only thing going for the school is its strong religious atmosphere.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 1

Posted April 08, 2008
i use to go to olph and it was terrible. i was very happy to leave because i didn't learn anything. the lunch lady didn't even like children! i highly recommend to not put your children into this school. and all the kids at the school were always very mean and thought too much about themselves. they were the worst school years of my life.

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School 3

Posted March 22, 2007
The academic programs are very weak. I attended this school back in the 80's and the academics were excellent. I have three kids at OLPH. My oldest is graduating and I am considering removing my younger two. I have a serious problem with the Accelerated Math program. It has done more harm to the students' Math skills. Too much emphasis is put on this program to teach the students Math. The extracurricular programs are just average. There needs to be (academic) clubs that the students could participate in and not just sports. The students do not do enough book reports and thus lack strong writing skills. Parents are very involved, but it seems that only a few parents opinions matter. Most of the teachers try hard and are good teachers. Some just do the minimal. The principal talks alot of good stuff, but does not follow up.

531 Williams Boulevard, Kenner, LA  70065
Last modified Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top