Bad
Good

This school is the best kept secret in St. Tammany Parish! Mr. Marlbrough, Principal and Dr. Lowe, Assistant Principal have done an amazing job in just three years. They have turned our local school back into a place of learning, fun and most importantly family. The teachers at this school truly care about the children at this school and truly go above and beyond for my child and others. My child had Ms. L **** last year and she was amazing. The office staff is always so helpful and nice and even the janitors can be seen giving "high fives" to the students. It is not uncommon to walk the halls and see students telling teachers "Hello Mr. or Mrs. ****" or even giving several teachers a hug or a wave as they go by. The students seem to be excited and smiling when they come to school. They do a great job keeping me informed as a parent through the PTA newsletter and literacy nights. The teachers even call for GOOD things. I have even seen fellow parents in tears outside and a staff member offering them kleenex and shoulder should they need. At CIE my child is not part of a school but a family! I truly am blessed to have my child be apart of this school. Can't wait to see the remodel

I am extremely happy by child is a student at Chahta-Ima. Mr. Marlbrough and his staff deserve a pat on the back for the job they have done bringing the school's performance to a B. My child has been part of the Gifted Program for the last three years and I'm here to tell you it is not true that all of the Gifted Students were told they had to attend Chahta-Ima to increase the school performance scores. I know students are learning math a different way but it's impossible that three children could change the outcome of scores. The scores improved because of great dedicated teachers that put in a lot of time to make sure our children succeed and can compete with their peers. The office staff has always been more than nice to me whenever I visited the school. I will admit, I would like to see more parent involvement but I do understand sometimes it is impossible. Futhermore, Chahta-Ima Elementary is an exceptional elementary school.

Chatha-Ima received a B rating for 2012/2013, but what is behind that B? In 2012, all of the gifted students in Lacombe, who were attending gifted programs in other elementary schools, were told that they had to go back to CIE. This boosted their scores while not improving the scores of average students. The office staff is rude and disrespectful to parents. Another poster talked about lack of parent involvement in the PTA. I joined the PTA and have yet to hear of a meeting. I have offered to be involved and have not been asked to help. I am a work from home mom who could make time, but no one has asked.

Chahta-Ima Elementary in Lacombe, Louisiana is a hidden gem within the St. Tammany Parish School system. As of the 2012/2013 school year, the new leadership team has brought many positive changes to the school resulting in greater student success.

Run as far as you can...the DUMP of St Tammany Parish. Most rooms are too small for a desk for each child. Even the hall clocks do not work.

Best school ever!!! I am a foster/adoptive parent raising my 2nd generation of kids & have seen schools change over the years. This school is up to date in technology available to students & faculty but still has old fashioned values. The children are bright, polite and most importantly, happy. Most of the teachers have been at the school for years. The 21st Century Learning Center after school program goes above and beyond any I have seen. If you have the luck to get Mrs. Huval or Mrs. Ducre for your child's teacher I know they will have a great learning experience. I cannot say enough good things about this school. Though I must say that parental involvement is not great. PTA meetings garner fewer than 20 people attending.

Your child gets one-on-one attention. Most teachers can name each child in the school.

This a school with great teachers and staff, active parents and wonderful students. Chahta-Ima has a low student-teacher ratio; my son was one of 12 in his class this year and had a fantastic kindergarten experience. The school is a great reflection of the small, diverse, close-knit community that it's in. They offer a wonderful after school program, there is a transitional first grade class, and pre-k program, speech therapy for students who need it, without removing them from the regular classroom, just to name a few benefits of the school. They go above and beyond to meet the needs of every student. Last but far from least, the students' conduct and respect that they have for one another is remarkable.

Last modified Chahta-Ima Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.