PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have been involved with CCS for many years. it has been a blessing to watch our children grow into well rounded, very polite and bright young adults. Academically, I understand that more CCS students received state awards for ACT scores and GPA than any other scool in Lafayette. I am not certain of this but I heard that the science scores are well above other schools. We are very pleased with the ability of CCS to deliver a Christ centered atmosphere and prepare academically.

CCS is an exemplary school for parents who are interested in a Christian environment for their children while incorporating a challenging academic curriculum. In addition, students have the ability to enhance their social aptitude by involvement in music, art, drama, sports and many social organizations. It has been my experience that the young adults at CCS are smart, polite and the most well rounded teenagers I have experienced. I highly recommend this school.

This school has a problem with control of their students.The ones with money get special treatment the ones without get the short end of the stick.This school is as far from the chatholic beliefs as can be.The academics are not even close to what a child should know heading in to high school.

I am a student a CCS. CCS is an awsome school. This is my 2nd year at CCS I am a 8th grader now and about to graduate. When i first came to CCS they made me feel at home. The teachers are very helpful.

I am very disappointed in this school's ability to prepare it's students for High School. My daughter was on Honor Roll for years, and we anticipated an easy transition to St. Thomas Moore. We were sadly mistaken. She ended up completely unready for the higher demands, and ended up making C's, D's and F's her first year in High School. If you want sports, this school is great. If you want education, look elsewhere, unless you want to spend thousands of dollars at Sylvan getting your child up to speed.

CCS offers a unique balance of a traditional Catholic education, strong academics, and excellent athletics. Students at CCS always seem to be well-rounded people, and the parental support is unparalled. A superb school.

I attended Cathedral Carmel School for nine years and loved every minute of it. CCS provides children with the experience of middle school and jr. high that all children should have. The curriculum prepares very well for high school and college along with providing a fun, safe learning environment. The teachers are especially wonderful; I even thought I learned more from some of them that I learned from my high school teachers. Not only do you learn about typical subjects but you also get to learn good moral values even if you aren't catholic. The faculty and staff are very kind and caring for each and every child. The athletics program is also incomparable with any other. As well as striving to be the best they can, coaches and parents teach the children to win and lose in a proper manner. You can't go wrong with the tigers!

Last modified Cathedral Carmel School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8