PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

As a former student and parent of IHM, at this stage in the game, I must say that I was extremely disappointed with the school's administration and with the manner in which students were treated by some teachers. The learning atmosphere was no longer present and therefore, we decided to leave the school for greater opportunities for our children. We have definitely found an academic environment that fosters growth and challenges our children to be the best they can be both inside and outside of the classrooms. My family has been connected to IHM since 1934 when the school opened it's doors. The decision to leave was difficult, but was definitely the right one for our family. Our only regret is leaving the Sisters of the Holy Family, as they provide the essence of Catholic education to the children they encounter.

Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a great school. All of my children have attended IHM and have gone on to become successful young adults. My youngest attends IHM and I applaud the teachers. Communication with parent andteachers is exceptional. Grades can be reviewed weekly and teachers respond to either phone calls or emails immediately. The technology is impressive for such a little school. Promethean board and interactive votes allow teachers to assess understanding and adds another dimension to learning. The children at IHM mannerable and like any adolesent can be mischievious. The teachers and administrator works well with parents and students when it comes to discipline. I am a parent that understands that my child is not perfect, therefore I trust the teachers and the administrations decisions about discipline. If you exhaust the IHM discipline policy then IHM is not the school for you.

immaculate heart of mary was a great school when it was newer... but now with alll the changes and the different dresscodes every year ... i think that its big dissappointment to see all these good kids , getting screamed and yelled at and getting into trouble. my child who attended immaculate heart of mary last year decided on her to go to a different school... and not because they didnt have e nough reccess but she said that the teachers ( who will remain nameless) were just not teaching the work well enough.... i say go to give it a shot but its not worth the wait

My child attended their toddler program. This was a total disaster! The teachers were unprofessional and downright nasty! I am a former student of this school and was shocked. My child was only three years old and understandably scared. Well, to say the least he was traumatized. The teachers have no compassion and have been teaching so long they have lost their vigor. They asre seriously out of touch. They need a new curriculum, building and staff. I would seriously question the sanity of any parent still sending their child to this deplorable school.

As a former student of IHM, I must say it was a great school when I attended and it remains a great school. Before moving to Texas, my daughter attended IHM and she loved it. If you are looking for a school where everyone knows your name, then IHM is the school for you.

Last modified Immaculate Heart Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8