9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Most of my siblings graduated from Teurlings Catholic. You get a well-rounded education. The staff and faculty are awesome. The student body is very close.

I used to go here. I hated it. Most of the teachers, I feel knew less about the subject than we did. I had so much trouble in all of my classes and the teachers, for the most part, didn't offer help. The guidance counselors are the absolute worst! I went to them and told them something very serious and they completely dismissed it. This school needs to get its act together...

I graduated from Teurlings Catholic High School (TCHS) in the early 70"s and have only great things to say about the way it prepared me for a successful career. It was a great school then and from everything I have seen over the years, it has only gotten better. Looking back over the years, it is clear that TCHS provided a solid foundation: spiritually, academically, socially, and physically. It prepared me for college undergraduate through doctorate and a professional career in management and leadership positions. Michael Boyer has done a fabulous job of expanding the physical plant while promoting excellence in academics, religion, and athletics. TCHS is an outstanding school with a proud tradition.

I went there over 10 years ago and I enjoyed the small school feel in a city. This cool for the most part is blue-collar working-class people. But as of lately it has turned into more of a STM north. With more of a uppity feel compared to when I went. I would still send my kid to the school because of the great alumni base and many friends that I have that went there. But the growth of the school in recent years has taken away some of the feel of smaller classrooms in the small tightknit community. They have a great athletics program, great honors programs. I would recommend people send in their child to Tchs. Comment to the ministration shrink the school to bring back the tightknit community feel.

Okay so I went to this school for half of a year and my experience was.. Different. Due to my circumstances I had to make new friends and meet new teachers. I had to figure out how each teacher taught and who was who. I like the school but the teachers were very scattered and when I went to previous schools I was an honor roll student all my life. After the transfer to Teurlings I barely passed. I talked to a few of the honor roll students and they said they literally were on all kinds of stress medicine and never had much time to enjoy the school itself like football games or even basketball games because they had to always study and now I'm considering different schools because I would like to experience being a teenager while I have the chance.

My daughter was in a private school through 8th grade, then we decided to try a public high school. We reconsidered after a couple of months and tranferred her to Teurlings. Huge mistake. The teachers are unqualified, demonstrating very little skill or knowledge with a couple of exceptions, and worse, caring very little about the students, very unsupportive. I could not believe how little effort is made to assist or aid the students. The teaching is terrible. Tests have material the students have never seen or had explained to them, and worksheets and hand-outs are supposed to "teach" the material. One teacher had to have another teacher explain the material as presumably she didn't know how to teach it; another routinely uses instruction time to have her students grade tests from other classes so she doesn't have to. I was disgusted by this experience, and regret spending a penny there. My daughter is now in the Honors program at Lafayette High and is very happy. If you want to pay for incompetence, I recommend this school.

I attended this school for two months. It was terrible. The teachers are not helpful at all and will do the very least possible as far as their jobs are concerned. After attending this school for the short period of time that I did, I switched to Lafayette High School and am extremely happy with the switch. I wouldn't even recommend TCH to someone I disliked. I strongly discourage any parent from sending their child here and any student from wanting to go here.

I'm currently a senior at Teurlings, and I have just come to notice how great of a school it is. The school has minor flaws that most other schools also have: such as some of the facilities needing to be renovated, and the lack of electives for us to take. However, I finally see just how much the goods outweigh the bads. Though some of the facilities are not the best, gradual improvements are being made to the buildings, and though there are not many electives to choose from, there are an abundance of excellent teachers, and challenging courses for those looking for the best preparation for college, such as taking a dual enrollment course in History or English to earn college credit while still in high school. Also, the athletics program is awesome, and games are always fun to go to. I love TCH! Rebels for life!

This school is environmentaly friendly. The students are nice and the teachers help a lot.

I love this frieldnly school!

Last modified Teurlings Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12