Lafayette, LA

Ascension Episcopal School 2

Posted December 15, 2014
Don't believe the hype, my son transferred to AES for High School. We were told be multiple sources within the school, how they will work with students to help ensure their success, how extra work is available for all students. That's B.S. my son has asked every teacher there for extra credit, has stayed after school to get help and is still struggling to make honor roll. We will be transferring to another private school next year. You can make B's for a lot less tuition elsewhere.

Posted March 18, 2014
Ascension Episcopal School (formerly Ascension Day School), is by far the most inclusive and individualized school in Lafayette. They offer the most personalized and rewarding education to all of their students. The average class size is around 12 students, this allows for a very personalized classroom experience and makes it possible for students to have a close and healthy relationship with their teachers. They also hold their teachers accountable and will not keep a poorly-performing teacher, they will instead, replace any poorly performing teachers with a highly-performing teacher. They have a 0% dropout rate, a 100% college-acceptance rate and many graduates have been accepted and attend ivy-league colleges. There is no other school in the area that cares as much for the students as Ascension Episcopal School. The learning environment is fantastic and the social atmosphere is nothing but nurturing. Parents are very involved in both school activities and are more than encouraged to attend all school events and activities. Ascension helps their students more than any other school in the area in terms of making sure they stay on track in their academic and extracurricular lives.

Posted August 05, 2013
Wonderful, dedicated school.... outstanding new facility (high school) and challenging, driven environment... couldn't be happier with the success we've had since our daughter has been at this school...

Posted June 11, 2013
Ascension is a wonderful school with a creative, caring, and dedicated faculty. The school offers a pre-k through 12 th grade opportunity. The academic reputation is strong and AES continues to instill great core values in their students! Very proud that my children have this opportunity.

Posted September 17, 2011
Ascension Episcopal School provides students with academic excellence in a christian environment. I've never seen a school treat each child with such individual attention and loving care. The lower school head and staff are the best faculty in the state.

Ascension Episcopal School 3

Posted September 15, 2010
Severe verbal bullying problems, particularly among girls. Lack of discipline in lower school. Much of bullying comes from this lack of structure both in classroom behavior and in discipline program. They say, "Structure inhibits creativity." Evidence: Lack of structure encourages bullies. The school has been in state and local newspaper and TV headlines in recent months due to serious problems with key staff.

Ascension Episcopal School 1

Posted March 11, 2010
Very dissatisfied with lower school headmaster; but very satisfied with educators

Ascension Episcopal School 4

Posted December 09, 2009
As of the middle school, I have been very pleased. The importance of the child comes first. Very open to communication with parents and feel like they can handle any issue that comes up. Now my Preschool experiance has been a nightmare to say the least. The principal is cold and heartless. These children are still babies in my eyes and should be cared for in a sensitive manner. I feel like they want a easy child one that doesn't take extra effort. I'm confused on my decision to keep him bc I know the middle school will be more willing to help him succeed. I think the Preschool needs new Leadership immediatly!!!

Posted April 21, 2009
AES is a wonderful school. Children of all race and creed are accepted and cherished for their individualism. The tuition, is expensive, but is lower than many other private schools and financial aid is available to ensure that no child is left out of the system or the extracurricular activities. The education my child is getting is challenging and academically far superior to all the other schools in the area that I have studied. Most importantly, the work is tailored to the child and fosters a love of learning.

Posted March 24, 2009
I am extremley pleased with all aspects of AES. The tution is a little high compared to other schools in our area, but some of my family members in Plano,TX pay substantially more at their Episcopal schools. I have five children that have attended different schools, both public and private, depending on thier needs (one in gifted, one dyslexia, one mild autism). I wish we could have sent them all to AES. For now two (one is autistic) are attending and both love their teachers, support staff, and administrators. The principles of the pre-school & lower school have showed an abundance of genuine concern for both of our children, and we are just average middle class trying to give our kids a solid Christ-centered academic foundation. My husband and I agree that AES has provided as much as any school could- the rest is up to us.

Ascension Episcopal School
1030 Johnston Street, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified Ascension Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ascension Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top