9-12|Private
1,082 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 1

Posted September 25, 2015
What a horrible experience!! We had moved in from Texas, they were clickish not accepting of newcomers. I am so regretting my decision to send my child here

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 25, 2015
It was a tramatic experience for my child. A experience that had long negative effect

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 25, 2015
worst decision to send my child here. THey all have grown up going to the same school so anyone who is not from that area is doomed to bully and ridicule.

Posted May 20, 2012
I couldn't be happier with STM! My son is completing his 9th grade year and it has been a great year. It is the only choice for a quality, christian based high school education in Lafayette, LA.

Posted April 29, 2011
I am currently a junior at STM and it is by far the only school that I cannot find anything wrong with. Our new principal, Mrs. Menard is so kind and she is so willing to help our school become up-to-date on technology. The campus ministry program is filled with so many students that have heard the word of God and are willing to tell other students about it. The teachers are so willing to give up their free time to help any student prepare for a test, write an essay, or even understand a lesson taught in class. Our athletic teams are amazing. The entire student body is like a big family. We all genuinely care about each other and our parents are there to support us 100% in everything we do, whether it be a sport, a musical, or even supporting us through an incredibly difficult semester. This school has changed my life and I will never forget that.

Posted February 03, 2011
I am currently a Junior at STM, and I love it! The teachers are first class, we have one of the best athletic programs in the state, and the students are wonderful! Best of all, our test scores and graduation rates are some of the best in the state. If you want your child to get a good education and get into the college of their dreams, send them to STM.

Posted August 10, 2009
As a parent of a student beginning his Senior year, I have to say this has been a great experience for my son. He is involved in school activities and some sports. STM is a big school so competitiion for the athletics can be tough. But the coaches and club sponsors that we have encountered are great. The opportunities to be involved are endless. The most important thing to us was Academics and Christian, Catholic leadership. It is all there. This school has been transformed over the last decade. From what I understand, now 2/3 of the student body are involved in some form of campus ministry. The Chapel on campus is open to parents, students and teachers during school hours. It is a God centered school which is hard to accomplish with that many students,,,,,, but it seems that with God's grace, they are achieving that and more.

Posted May 18, 2009
STM is a political nightmare. It's not what you accomplish that matters, it's how much your daddy contributes. Sports are a disaster due to ploitics and parental intervention.

Posted September 09, 2008
I currently attend STM and I love it. Everyone is so close and it feels good to walk around and not dread going to class each hour. The sports teams are excellent and the overall attitude is awesome. Ignore the stereotypes. STM is a great school. I'd recommend this school to everyone.

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 3

Posted March 11, 2008
My child is currently a freshman at STM. She has always been an above average, hard working student and she is well behaved. My only issue, is the lack of respect some of the teachers have for the students. Some teachers also criticize their collegues in front of the students. We were in a non-Catholic Christian school through eighth grade and there was much more respect shown among the staff and students there. The cirriculum and teaching methods are average at best. The cost of tuition, is far to expensive for the return.

450 East Farrel Road, Lafayette, LA  70508
Last modified St. Thomas More Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12