Posted May 20, 2012
I couldn't be happier with STM! My son is completing his 9th grade year and it has been a great year. It is the only choice for a quality, christian based high school education in Lafayette, LA.

Posted April 29, 2011
I am currently a junior at STM and it is by far the only school that I cannot find anything wrong with. Our new principal, Mrs. Menard is so kind and she is so willing to help our school become up-to-date on technology. The campus ministry program is filled with so many students that have heard the word of God and are willing to tell other students about it. The teachers are so willing to give up their free time to help any student prepare for a test, write an essay, or even understand a lesson taught in class. Our athletic teams are amazing. The entire student body is like a big family. We all genuinely care about each other and our parents are there to support us 100% in everything we do, whether it be a sport, a musical, or even supporting us through an incredibly difficult semester. This school has changed my life and I will never forget that.

Posted February 03, 2011
I am currently a Junior at STM, and I love it! The teachers are first class, we have one of the best athletic programs in the state, and the students are wonderful! Best of all, our test scores and graduation rates are some of the best in the state. If you want your child to get a good education and get into the college of their dreams, send them to STM.

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 0

Posted August 10, 2009
As a parent of a student beginning his Senior year, I have to say this has been a great experience for my son. He is involved in school activities and some sports. STM is a big school so competitiion for the athletics can be tough. But the coaches and club sponsors that we have encountered are great. The opportunities to be involved are endless. The most important thing to us was Academics and Christian, Catholic leadership. It is all there. This school has been transformed over the last decade. From what I understand, now 2/3 of the student body are involved in some form of campus ministry. The Chapel on campus is open to parents, students and teachers during school hours. It is a God centered school which is hard to accomplish with that many students,,,,,, but it seems that with God's grace, they are achieving that and more.

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
STM is a political nightmare. It's not what you accomplish that matters, it's how much your daddy contributes. Sports are a disaster due to ploitics and parental intervention.

Posted September 09, 2008
I currently attend STM and I love it. Everyone is so close and it feels good to walk around and not dread going to class each hour. The sports teams are excellent and the overall attitude is awesome. Ignore the stereotypes. STM is a great school. I'd recommend this school to everyone.

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 3

Posted March 11, 2008
My child is currently a freshman at STM. She has always been an above average, hard working student and she is well behaved. My only issue, is the lack of respect some of the teachers have for the students. Some teachers also criticize their collegues in front of the students. We were in a non-Catholic Christian school through eighth grade and there was much more respect shown among the staff and students there. The cirriculum and teaching methods are average at best. The cost of tuition, is far to expensive for the return.

Posted February 12, 2008
As a graduating senior this year, I look back at my experiences at STM, and it hurts me to leave the school. As much I want to go to college, I do not want to leave STM. STM has provided with the best education possible. The teachers there are very close to all the students. The community is one big family. The school offers many oppurtunities for a student to get involved. The most important quality that STM has equipped me with is a GREAT Catholic education. The religion department emphasizes Catholocism, but more importantly a relationship with JESUS. The Campus Ministry department has grown over the past couple years, and now more students are involved in Campus Ministry than ever before! As I walk around school, I see a change in people, and I know that is Jesus working at STM. STM has taught me to be GOD'S SERVANT FIRST!

St. Thomas More Catholic High School 3

Posted May 01, 2007
Academic programs seem to be slightly above par with that of public schools. The religious education is very good. the Athletic program is very poor. Many of the coaches are not experts in the sport they have been charged with. Especially Track and Field or anything that doesn't involve Football. The Principal is non-existant and the disciplinarian holds grudges. I would look at other options before plunking down 6k.

Posted January 30, 2007
- a former student
I, along with 6 other family members, attending St. Thomas More. The sports programs have won the LHSAA All-Sports and all classification award for (I believe) the last 5 years. The academics prepared me for college in every way shape and form. The teachers challenge you, but are also understanding about learning dis abilities. This is an excellent school.

St. Thomas More Catholic High School
450 East Farrel Road, Lafayette, LA  70508
Last modified St. Thomas More Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Thomas More Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top