Posted November 07, 2013
I am so very pleased with FBCS. My child is not an honor student but is very hard working. The teachers have been helpful, concerned and supportive as my child works through curriculum that is new to him because he has spent many of his years in strong, but overwhelmed public schools. Spiritually and socially, he is blossoming in an environment of faculty members who are committed to Christian values. They allow their students to be children instead of just test takers and numbers in large classes. Academically, my child is receiving a rigorous, well-rounded education that will easily allow him to succeed outside a private school environment. Class size is small and all students are treated with respect and support, from the straight A student to the struggling child who is trying to be "average". FBCS is just the type of academic environment I want my child in - friendly, encouraging and Christian. It has been an answered prayer for my family!

First Baptist Christian School 1

Posted September 15, 2012
just terrible school no lie i wasnt a trouble causing kid but they treated me if i was an animal no mixed races over there do not send your kid over there teachers didnt teach ad school horrible lunch

Posted October 26, 2011
Everything about this school is amazing! This is our daughter's second year @ FBCS, and we couldn't be happier with our decision to choose FBCS. The teachers truly love the children and invest in a long-term relationship with both the children and their parents! FBCS is exceptional in its academic curriculum, and also provides a strong foundation for spiritual development as well. I am particularly pleased with benefits I've seen in my daughter's academic growth as a result of the smaller class sizes, which truly enhances the teacher's ability to engage in one-on-one instruction and develop a personal rapport with each student. In Kindergarten, I believe there were 15 kids in my daughter's class and her teacher also had a full-time teacher's assistant as well. This year, her 1st grade class has 13 students, which is well below the state ratio! Overall, FBCS tuition is slightly less per/year than most of the other private schools in Lafayette. However, having grown up in Catholic school, I believe our daughter is receiving a much better academic & religious foundation @ FBCS. My husband & I feel blessed to be a part of the FBCS family.

Posted April 30, 2010
Im a former student of FBCS and i enjoyed every year i went there. The teachers are absolutely amazing at what they do, and they help the students overcome any obsticles they may face. My 8 years at first baptist prepared me for many things I've faced in life, mentally and spiritually. I have made so many memories there and words cant even describe how much i miss everyone there.. I definitely recommend this school to anyone who is interested in going.. its really great. Your kids will love it.

Posted August 27, 2009
I'm a student a F.B.C.S. and the teachers there are great . I would definitely reccomend any parent or gaurdian to send their child to F.B.C.S. I play volley ball and the coaches are great they work with us they are encouraging and they always tell us to never forget that when we do sports we are not doing it to be the winner we are doing it in the glory honor and power of the Lord. Shout out to the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teachers Mrs.Richardson, Mrs.Williamson, and Mrs.Daley Love ya.

First Baptist Christian School 0

Posted July 27, 2008
My grand-daughter started Prek4 at FBCS and is returning for Kindergarten, we love this school! They allow not only the parents to be involved but even the grandparents and that's important for us. My grandchild has learned so much she hasn't even started kindergarten and is reading second grade reading level. The whole staff at FBCS is so supportive and friendly. We couldn't be more pleased or ask for anything else from a school!

First Baptist Christian School 0

Posted April 09, 2008
Our son attends K3 this year. He will attend K4 08-09 year. We and most importantly, he loves FBCS. The teachers and everyone at the school are great and care for each student. He has learned so much since he has attended. The down side of the school is not much on the extracurricular activities. I would definately recommend FBCS to everyone.

Posted April 02, 2008
I am currently a student at F.B.C.S. and i love it. The teachers are great and genuinly care for every student. I am graduating very soon and will miss every teacher and friend there.

Posted August 03, 2007

Posted July 17, 2006
Our child attended K4 last year at FBCS and is returning for Kindergarten this year. We love it and more importantly, our Child loves it! The teachers are great and they really seem to care about teaching our child not only traditional learning but also care about her spiritual growth as well. It's a small school, only about 225 students, so there is not as much extracurricular activities as at larger schools. Hopefully, they will work on that before my child gets into the older grades. I would definitely recommend this school to others.

First Baptist Christian School
201 West Convent Street, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified First Baptist Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
First Baptist Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top