Lafayette, LA

Posted October 14, 2013
St. Pius is everything I hoped for in a school for my children. I wanted my children to have a good moral foundation for those important early years of life. The school is strict and my son was constantly getting "uh-oh" faces for talking in line but I'm glad respect for others is being enforced in school and not just in my home. The teachers and parents alike are SO involved and it feels more like a big family than just a school. There are so many opportunities for parents to volunteer and be part of the school. Last year, one of the teachers actually died of an ongoing illness and I was blown away by the support of nearly every family involved in the school. The teachers truly care about the kids and it shows and the parents care about the teachers and staff too.

Posted August 12, 2012
St. Pius is a wonderful, challenging school that treats the students like they are treasures. It has a warm, family-like atmosphere. The facility is beautiful and well-taken care of, and the teachers are passionate and talented.

Posted July 02, 2009
I am a student at St. Pius who has been going to the school for five years. The teachers are nice and they treat everyone the same .No exceptions when it comes to behavior.The work in my opinion is not super hard but you definatly will need to think hard about you answers on test. I have to sompletely disagree witht what some of the parents had to say there are mass services every friday for the students to go to. And they do have christmas services,crowning of mary, and the whole school gets ashes on there forehead on ash wedensday.The rules I admitted are very strict. The vice principal is also super strict. But he is super fair.

Posted November 30, 2008
Our son attended SPES from K-8th, our daughter from preK to present. I know the school well, having served in many volunteer roles. My children have had the best in teaching methods, classroom technology and faculty (most of whom have a master's or working on it). Now at STM, my son was well prepared for high school. Peers of his from other schools had less exposure to the academic material and methods he had at St Pius. Parents are VERY involved, volunteering for 20+ committees from library, dining, & classroom assistance to events & fun-raisers. The administrators are strong character models. The facility is very safe and secure. Spirituality is top priority, woven into all aspects of a school day. My husband and I have been very pleased, $$ well invested. Janice LeBlanc, parent

Posted November 17, 2008
St. Pius is an awesome school. Our children come from school understanding what they are doing. We do not have to teach our children at home during homework. The teachers are doing they job in the classrooms. I can not say enough good about this school. Best parenting decision we have made so far.

Posted October 17, 2008
This school is the total package. St. Pius Elementary School is the premier Catholic school in the area. St. Pius offers an excellent academic program, cutting-edge technology, and well-rounded extra-cirricular activites including clubs and athletics, all being centred in the Eucharist. My family has been a part of this school for the past ten years. My oldest child is now in high school and could not have been more prepared thanks to the education and spiritual formation he received at St. Pius Elementary School.

Posted May 05, 2008
This is the Catholic school to attend. On Friday every week there is a mass. 8th - 5th first mass and 4th-1st second mass. The recess is not taken away. On the crowning of Mary all students are allowed to bring flowers to the statue of Mary. I love it at this school and i will miss it when I leave. The teachers are the best. We do not have rushed prayer services. Me as a student know this school in and out beacuse i have been going there for 10 years.

St. Pius Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2008
Now that our child had been out of St. Pius for two years now, we are kicking ourselves by not taking him out of SPES when we had the chance. Being that there was no outside reading required, that no nine weeks or cumulative tests were given, that projects were not allowed to be done at home; that accelerated math was 25% of the math program instead of teacher instruction - our child has struggled in high school because of important skills he should have learned in jr. high but did not learn at SPES. It may boast of advanced technology - but that would not have helped our child in H.S. either. Hopefully, the oppressive environment has changed since we were there.

Posted May 24, 2006
St. Pius is the kind of Catholic school that all Catholic schools used to be. As their mantra goes, being 'centered in the Eucharist' is not for show but the source from which all else flows. For those trying to raise moral,practicing Catholics, that in and of itself would be enough. But the school's excellence academically is an added bonus. There is not a school in the area which offers anymore scholastically. St. Pius is on the cutting edge of technology and it's resources are abundant.Students are exposed to Art, music and the most advanced technology in the classroom. Sports are not a major draw because emphasis is not in athletics, but a sports program is available and quite diverse.Every teacher maintains a positive and genuine love for Catholic education and parent involvemtent is extra-ordinary, making this relatively new elementary school probably the best in the state. It is an all-around FANTASTIC school!

St. Pius Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2006
If you are looking for a 'Catholic' school, this may not be the one. I attended Catholic schools my whole life and this one is quite different. No Christmas program for all the children, no school masses, (only rushed prayer services for a few classes at a time), no confessions, no ashes for all on Ash Wednesday. Recess is taken away in some grades if Catechism is not remembered. Only the little children were allowed to bring flowers to the Blessed Mother today. And the latest, the awards ceremony for this year will be held Fall '06, next school year. Positive incentive is not a priority. Sadly, the school has changed so much from its early days when it felt like a family and felt Catholic.

205 East Bayou Parkway, Lafayette, LA  70508
Last modified St. Pius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Pius Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top