PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

In the higher grades it takes hours to complete a night especially math given even over holidays.

Teachers are overworked, underpaid by 25% verses public school which is considered substandard by St. Pius standards. Teachers work nights, weekends, over the summer when called in for whatever the school requires of them regardless of their own summer plans or commitments as well as after school activities, retreats, bazaars, auctions, as well as through lunches at times, and are expected to be lunch servers too. Teachers work the yearly auction after working all day Friday and then told to stay and cook or set up, go back the following day to work and serve the parents, but are told not to eat unless they pay for their food. Teacher appreciation is a joke. They are expected to be over qualified but are offered very few professional development opportunities compared to what public school offers their teachers. The teachers work hard and genuinely care for the students and could be treated better. Much better. Administration lacked consistency or problem solving strategies and bullying was a problem due to lack of discipline at the lower grade level.

St. Pius is everything I hoped for in a school for my children. I wanted my children to have a good moral foundation for those important early years of life. The school is strict and my son was constantly getting "uh-oh" faces for talking in line but I'm glad respect for others is being enforced in school and not just in my home. The teachers and parents alike are SO involved and it feels more like a big family than just a school. There are so many opportunities for parents to volunteer and be part of the school. Last year, one of the teachers actually died of an ongoing illness and I was blown away by the support of nearly every family involved in the school. The teachers truly care about the kids and it shows and the parents care about the teachers and staff too.

St. Pius is a wonderful, challenging school that treats the students like they are treasures. It has a warm, family-like atmosphere. The facility is beautiful and well-taken care of, and the teachers are passionate and talented.

I am a student at St. Pius who has been going to the school for five years. The teachers are nice and they treat everyone the same .No exceptions when it comes to behavior.The work in my opinion is not super hard but you definatly will need to think hard about you answers on test. I have to sompletely disagree witht what some of the parents had to say there are mass services every friday for the students to go to. And they do have christmas services,crowning of mary, and the whole school gets ashes on there forehead on ash wedensday.The rules I admitted are very strict. The vice principal is also super strict. But he is super fair.

Our son attended SPES from K-8th, our daughter from preK to present. I know the school well, having served in many volunteer roles. My children have had the best in teaching methods, classroom technology and faculty (most of whom have a master's or working on it). Now at STM, my son was well prepared for high school. Peers of his from other schools had less exposure to the academic material and methods he had at St Pius. Parents are VERY involved, volunteering for 20+ committees from library, dining, & classroom assistance to events & fun-raisers. The administrators are strong character models. The facility is very safe and secure. Spirituality is top priority, woven into all aspects of a school day. My husband and I have been very pleased, $$ well invested. Janice LeBlanc, parent

St. Pius is an awesome school. Our children come from school understanding what they are doing. We do not have to teach our children at home during homework. The teachers are doing they job in the classrooms. I can not say enough good about this school. Best parenting decision we have made so far.

This school is the total package. St. Pius Elementary School is the premier Catholic school in the area. St. Pius offers an excellent academic program, cutting-edge technology, and well-rounded extra-cirricular activites including clubs and athletics, all being centred in the Eucharist. My family has been a part of this school for the past ten years. My oldest child is now in high school and could not have been more prepared thanks to the education and spiritual formation he received at St. Pius Elementary School.

This is the Catholic school to attend. On Friday every week there is a mass. 8th - 5th first mass and 4th-1st second mass. The recess is not taken away. On the crowning of Mary all students are allowed to bring flowers to the statue of Mary. I love it at this school and i will miss it when I leave. The teachers are the best. We do not have rushed prayer services. Me as a student know this school in and out beacuse i have been going there for 10 years.

Now that our child had been out of St. Pius for two years now, we are kicking ourselves by not taking him out of SPES when we had the chance. Being that there was no outside reading required, that no nine weeks or cumulative tests were given, that projects were not allowed to be done at home; that accelerated math was 25% of the math program instead of teacher instruction - our child has struggled in high school because of important skills he should have learned in jr. high but did not learn at SPES. It may boast of advanced technology - but that would not have helped our child in H.S. either. Hopefully, the oppressive environment has changed since we were there.

Last modified St. Pius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8