No rating

Westminster Christian Academy

Private | PK-6

Living in Lafayette

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Sweep tile

Posted April 4, 2014

My daughter has attended WCA Lafayette campus for the last two years. Mrs .Mc Kay her pre k 4 teacher was a blessing to us . My daughter looked forward to going to school each day . Her teacher's nurturing way was comforting to my very shy daughter . We are at the end of the K5 school year and continue to feel very pleased with WCA . I have friends that their children attend other private schools in the area and our curriculum seems to be much more advanced . Happy to be part of a school and staff that cares so much about the students .

Posted March 11, 2014

My daughter has attended WCA Lafayette for the last 6 years. The teachers are amazing, the staff is caring, and the curriculum is challenging. And the best part is that my child is learning from a Biblical World View which goes hand and hand with what we are teaching at home.

Posted March 11, 2014

As a parent of alumni I can confidently say that Westminster prepared both of my students for college and the "real" world. Unlike many of their friends who began to struggle in college for the first time in their lives, my children excelled because they were already adjusted to a challenging academic program. Not only did Westminster prepare my children academically, but also prepared their hearts spiritually. I can only hope and pray that my grandchildren will be able to attend Westminster one day!

Posted March 11, 2014

I attended Westminster my entire life from K3 to my senior year. It's true when they say that you don't truly appreciate something until it s gone. I realized this my first year in college when I was completely on my own. Professors didn't genuinely care about me or have my best interests in mind like my teachers and coaches at WCA. That was a hard lesson to learn, but it made me appreciate WCA and their caring and nurturing environment that much more. I cannot wait to send my future children to WCA one day!

Posted March 10, 2014

I am SO blessed to work here. Blessed by my co-workers, my boss, the students, our Administrators, and by our wonderful Superintendent and Board of Directors. Westminster is BLESSED!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 17, 2010

My child has attended this school for 5 years.. It started out to be a great school with great teachers who wanted to be there and cared and loved the children, but the last few years the turnover on teachers and administrations has been alot, and also less teachers are certified now. The school is very stirct on the students, and they whip and want to decipline for everything... even minor things! I am pulling my children out of this school and I am very dissappointed in how this school is turning out to be......

Posted July 15, 2009

I am a current student at Westminster Christian Academy. I have been at WCA for 12 years, and I will be starting the 11th grade in the fall. SInce the beginning of highschool I have felt that I know more than many of my teachers in many of my classes. I think the elementary provides an extremely high quality solid education, but the highschool does not. The only department that I feel is up to high standards is the English department, which is absolutely amazing. The student body is also very small, and All of my best friends are leaving this year for a different highschool. In conclusion, Westminster starts off wonderful in elementary and goes seems to me to go downhill from there.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 9, 2009

My daughter will attend kindergarten this year (since I already paid all the deposits), and then I'm pulling her out and switching her to either Ascension or ESA. As another parent commented below, I thought the school was fantastic in the beginning. It's not some 'ivy-league' private school like they attempt to present, although I would say the education received IS above average for the area. My biggest problems are that they are unrealistically strict on the kids, and the religion is pushed to an extreme conservatism, in my opinion. The Lafayette campus is very unorganized. I'll be glad to make the switch.

Posted May 30, 2009

My children have attended WCA in Lafayette since K-4 and initially it was a wonderful and pleasant environment. Over the past few years we have witnessed a decline in all areas. Teacher turnover is extremely high, fewer teachers who are there are certified, class sizes continue to grow, poor curriculum changes have been made, and administration changes have occured. All of these things have lead to less caring, overworked teachers and administrators, less of a family-oriented atmosphere, and to appearance of caring more about making money than anything else. In comparing to public schools, it is probably great, but not the same school we started at 7 years ago!!

Posted May 31, 2008

My children have been at Westminster for 3 years, and I am very pleased. The academic and moral standards are hard to beat! When my older child entered high school, we were told that locks could be purchased for the lockers. However, it was not really necessary as no one used them. Imagine a high school without locks on the lockers!

Posted October 26, 2007

My son attended Westminster for the past 3 years. In the beginning, I was very pleased with the school. However, after completing 1st grade, we chose not to go back there. I can honestly say that I am very disappointed in this school. They speak highly of themselves, yet, when it really comes down to it, they aren't putting the best interest of the child first.

Posted January 31, 2006

My child has attended this school for 7 years and we are very pleased. It is the best school in the area for us. We are blessed by the Christian values and caring teachers!

Posted August 27, 2005

This is my son's 3rd year at Westminster. He's in first grade now and began there in K4. He learned more in kindergarten than most second graders know. He writes in script. He reads well, writes sentences and sounds out many words. He scored a 97 percentile on his SAT. I would put this school ahead of all others in this area. You may pay for a name, but here you get the education they promise. The discipline is top notch, morality is imperative and good manners are expected. Parental involvement is incredible. We all love the school. Being involved becomes addictive. The teachers genuinely care about the kids & the kids respond to it very positively. I can't say enough good things about Westminster. I highly recommend it.

Posted January 3, 2005

I am a former student of this school. I spent almost my entire childhood at this school from age 3 until high school. This school has prepared me for college and given me a very great advantage over other kids in the area. I highly recommend it. I am now in my mid-twenties and in college. I do not think I could be where I am today without WCA. Now that I look back on my experience there I appreciate the discipline and the excellent curriculum WCA provided.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 17, 2004

We moved to Lafayette from one of the premier public school systems in the US. To say we were disappointed in the public school system in Louisiana would be a gross understatement. Then we found Westminster. Our two daughters have been challenged, have been exposed to music and art above what they would have been and have excelled. There are bigger, more expensive schools but I'm convinced, none better for our daughters in Lafayette.

Posted May 11, 2004

My daughter attended WCA in Lafayette before we moved to Houston. It has done wonders for her. It academically prepared her for the public schools here, as well as instilled a tremendous amount of values that she still practices today. She is being recognized by Duke University for her academics, and is a proven leader in school. Thanks WCA!

Posted March 31, 2004

Wow! This school is incredible! The teachers here truly love to teach the mind and the heart of our children. We came to WCA from a public school in Lafayette and we are so pleased that we decided to invest our money in our children now instead of waiting until college. Here they are not only getting the best academics, but also their hearts are being trained. What a difference it makes to have that done at school and at home.

Posted November 22, 2003

Where I belive that Louisiana has not only one of the worst educational systems (if not the worst), I also know that your school is one of the best in the nation. Your dedication to strive for higher education for all children is admirable. I thank-you, this from parents of former students.

Posted August 26, 2003

In one word WOW, this is a school that embraces the student and the parents. The leadership in this school is awesome, the teachings and disciplineship is that which is taught in the bible. And if you share their beliefs this the place to send your child. The faculty not only asked for parental involvement but embraces it. As a parent you welcome the involvement and want to participate more in the school. This is a wonderful christian environment.

Posted August 10, 2003

very strict academically. They believe in teaching the kid the way they should go, in other words, they believe in teaching the kids in a way they can take it with them when they leave the school. As a parent of a student that goes there, my child has changed drastically over the years he has been going there. I am confident in knowing if my child not going to this particular school, he will take the skills taught by WCA faculty outside the school as well. I am very impressed.

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

111 Goshen Ln