Lafayette, LA

Gethsemane Christian Academy 1

Posted March 30, 2015
Do not send your child here... the safety of my child was jeopardized bc the teacher refused to report incidents of bullying to the principal.... My child was constantly bullied, and our complaints fell on deaf ears. I am forced to remove my child immediately bc the teacher has refused to ensure the safety and well being of the students under her care, even after being reported to the principal...

Gethsemane Christian Academy 2

Posted December 02, 2014
My daughter currently attends this school, but she will not be returning next year... I find the school to be completely unorganized, and lacking in many areas... My daughter is in a class with children from many other grades, which i find disturbing... Althoughshe is a straight A student, she's rarely assigned homework, and doesn't bring home textbooks bc she's not allowed... This makes it extremely difficult to monitor what she's learning there. I don't feel she is being adequately prepared for the next level...

Gethsemane Christian Academy 5

Posted August 05, 2013
Since I placed my daughter in GCA, I have been very satisfied. Her teachers are very good with emailing each parent and the activities that the children learn are awesome. The children participate in programs and other functions for the school. I couldn't have made a better decision!

Gethsemane Christian Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2012
I was so sad to read the negative reviews about Gethsemane. My child is in the lapetite daycare and he loves to go to school everyday. The teachers on the daycare side are wonderful. This is a four star facility, which says a lot about the staff and the school. I love the director as well as the principal. They have gone out of their way to make me and my son feel so welcome. I can't wait until he moves up to the school side. I am sure the teachers are as wonderful as the daycare workers. I have complete faith in Gethsemane. I thank GOD everyday my son is well taken care of. GOD Bless you and your family.

Gethsemane Christian Academy 4

Posted February 02, 2012
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. BEFORE YOU WRITE REVIEWS GET YOUR THOUGHTS AND FACTS TOGETHER. READING THE NEGATIVITY SAID ABOUT THIS SCHOOL IS NOT FAIR. BECAUSE YOU DID NOT HAVE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE DON'T MAKE IT BAD FOR THE NEXT FAMILY. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE PRINCIPAL THERE HAS HELPED A FEW FAMILIES WHO HAVE ATTENED HER SCHOOL. WHETHER SHE ASSISTED WITH TUITION OR PLACING A CHILD IN SCHOOL BECAUSE SOME OF YOUR KIDS CAN'T MAINTAIN IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL. BUT IT IS VERY PECULIAR WHEN YOU NO LONGER RECIEVE THESE SERVICES BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN SELF DESTRUCTION EVERYTHING GETS NEGATIVE. SOMETIMES AS PARENTS WE NEED TO MONITOR OUR OWN APPROACHES TO SITUATIONS AND STOP TRYINGTO USE PEOPLE. THIS SCHOOL IS ALL ABOUT EDUCATING CHILDREN.

Posted December 16, 2008
I am very upset with the school. I was apprehensive when I first enrolled my child and have since determined that i should have followed my instincts and enrolled my child elsewhere. Disorganization and Finger Pointing are rampant. I have felt as if any complaints brought to the school have fallen upon deaf ears and that they are not willing to hear any isssues unless they are the one with the issuw

Posted September 19, 2008
This is a very, very poor school. I think the Director and the Minister are just in it for the money. When you try to talk to someone about the problems they do not want to here it. Their answer is if you don't like it send your kids to another school. They do not care one bit about the education of the children. The teachers with the exception of 1 or 2 could care less about the kids. They are very unorganized. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!

Gethsemane Christian Academy 5

Posted May 16, 2006
I am totally satisfied with the program. I love the school and the staff. I can go on and on to tell you that they work with you and your child. They really want them to suceed. And I love it.

Gethsemane Christian Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2003
This school isn't want they said they are. The Principal don't have any respect for the parents or the teacher. If you don't belong to their church and giving them all your money they think that they are better then you. The teachers quality is very bad. The teacher are taking classes to learn the subject they are teaching. How can they teach a subject they are still learning. I don't advice anyone to go to that school.

701 East Pinhook Road, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified Gethsemane Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Gethsemane Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top