John Paul The Great Academy 4

Posted October 27, 2014
JPG has come a long way in providing a quality education for many families. We have been with the school since its founding. Each year the school has made solid progress in achieving the goals set out at its founding: well educated young men and women who know and defend their faith. There have been ups and downs, but overall we have been very pleased. Our oldest son graduated from JPG and maintains a 4.0 GPA at a private university. He is attending the university with much of the tuition paid for with scholarships.

Posted October 27, 2014
JPG offers an outstanding education to students, using the classical education model. The faith formation teaches students to encounter Christ both inside and outside the classroom. The school upholds the Sacred Tradition of the Church, encouraging each student to have a heart for the poor. It all starts with prayer and beautiful sacred liturgy. The beautiful 40-acre campus provides a great setting for studies, prayer, and recreation for the students. The academics are challenging and it has yielded great results for graduates. Several graduates have gone on to discern the priesthood and religious life. JPG has a top notch faculty of faithful Roman Catholics that challenge the students and provide them with great role models. All of this is why the Cardinal Newman Society has awarded JPG a top ranking three times, including in 2014. JPG is an awesome school. It's provides a rigorous classical education and it lives and breathes Catholic.

John Paul The Great Academy 3

Posted August 17, 2014
John Paul the Great Academy is a great classical school with a wonderful staff and student body. It is a great environment to be surrounded by

John Paul The Great Academy 1

Posted June 12, 2014
Yet another tuition increase??? More fees??? We've been with this school since it opened and we're throwing in the towel. It's not at all what it use to be..and with the new headmaster's more liberal catholic approach, it's not financially worth it. I can get the same quality of education at my parish school and my children get many other opportunities. The least of which is a computer lab! JPG has been saying and promising a lab lab since 2011...and nothing yet. It's got a beautiful campus; however, many of the teachers that made it special, aren't coming back for the 2014-2015 school year. So, we're not either.

John Paul The Great Academy 2

Posted May 13, 2014
I am a parent as well as a teacher. With recent administrative changes this school has become just another school. It's lost what was special about it. and there's not a lot of opportunity for children aside from religious activities. There's no computer labs etc... Bullying is also a big problem and goes unaddressed. It's sickening to pay so much and not get what the school use to offer. Don't be fooled by the trappings. You'd be better off sending your child to another catholic school.

Posted August 24, 2013
I'm an upper school student at John Paul the Great Academy, this is now my fourth year here, and it has been absolutely great. One of the things I value the most is the strong leadership, not only among the faculty, but among the upper-grade high school students; along with the teachers, the Seniors and Juniors especially are always emphasizing those things which the school values most, showing examples of virtue, diligence and respect, and are constantly encouraging these things. They also go out of their way to increase a sense of community among the students, making all new students feeling welcome and comfortable. Other than those things, I have been more academically challenged here than any where else I've been, which helped me to grow in education as well as virtue; I actually feel like I'm learning here! The schools classical curriculum, although sometimes frustrating (but hey, that's school... Actually, that's life!), has truly been a blessing; all of the teachers truly care about each one of their students, helping us all to be better equipped for the future, as well as helping us all to be good men and women in Christ. In all my time here, JPG has truly been a treasure.

Posted August 22, 2013
My children just started at the school this year, and I couldn't be more impressed. The formation emphasizes a strong Catholic, classical curriculum with a focus on virtue and character development. The lower school teachers seem to be very compassionate and good at working with the little ones. The upper school teachers, are friendly but very challenging and academically rigorous. I think this will really help my children be prepared for college and beyond.

John Paul The Great Academy 1

Posted July 28, 2013
Our child attended this school for the first time this past school year, and it resulted in us leaving due to the administrations obvious disregard of racism. We were treated very disrespectfully when we tried to approach certain situations that were taking place at the school. The same rules and consequences in like situations were not applied to others when reported. I would not recommend sending your child to this school. They do very well academically, but their lack of concern for those not of a certain race concerns me and hurts the integrity of the school. That is a toxic environment and no child should have to experience that.

John Paul The Great Academy 2

Posted January 08, 2013
This is a good school and strong academically. However it struggles administratively and from lack of strong leadership. They do not applying the same rules to all, often pandering to the wealthy Hasn't yet enforced a "no tolerance" drug policy. Often upper school (11-12th graders) student are left unattended for extended periods of time. Once I walked through the hall on the way to my son's class and looked into a room to find a 12th grader sleeping on the floor, a group having coffee and one student with a book open. The lower school seems more controlled. However, the upper school I saw was often a zoo. We no longer send our child here because of what we saw and experienced in the upper school during class time hours. We wanted more structure and guidance for our child.

John Paul The Great Academy
1522 Carmel Drive, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified John Paul The Great Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
John Paul The Great Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top