Lafayette, LA
Students enrolled: 1,018

Posted April 03, 2014
Counselors think they know it all. The bullying is horrifying, not physical but mental. My kid never had problems like this till this year. And we will be moving schools next year..

L.J. Alleman Middle School 5

Posted July 12, 2013
I'm a 8th grader at L.J.Alleman and I can honestly say I can't picture my self in any other school. We have great teacher that not only teach us our principals (math,science,ELA ,and social studies) but also teach us how to be better people. Yes some of them might seem mean, but that doesn't mean there horrible teachers. L.J.Aleman has a great arts academy thats filled with talented students and very talented teachers! Some of the comments left by parents kinda upset me. Especially the one saying that the teachers are the reason why their kids grades were going down. They need to understand that its usually not the teachers fault there child grades are dropping. They need to know that middle schools is harder than elementary. There's gona be drama,stress,crushes,fights and trust me the last thing were going to be thinking about is studying for a test or doing homework.L.J.Alleman is an amazing school filled with great teachers and talented students and I am proud to call L.J.Aleman my school! (:

Posted June 24, 2013
L. J Alleman could be a great school offering opportunities for children to develop their creative abilities, however this is not currently the case. My daughter was thrilled to be accepted into LJ as were we in the beginning. The teachers were not very open to parents questions , which turns out was the least of the issues. The administration was very concerned with keeping boys and girls separated at all times and sending students with colored (my daughters was auburn not an unnatural color) hair home. There is a more serious issue that is not addressed, the bullying is horrifying, not physical but mental, students encouraging others to express themselves through "cutting" is something well over half the students there have been subjected to. Infractions are given out for not having a belt or an untucked shirt, and heaven forbid a girl sits with a boy, but encouraging self-harm and bullying are overlooked? I will not say that it is intentionally overlooked however I think the priorities of discipline need to be addressed. We went from straight A student to unsure if we will pass in 2 years. We have since moved out of the parish to avoid this situation again.

L.J. Alleman Middle School 5

Posted April 11, 2011
hi,im christian broussard and im a student that goes to acadian middle nd i was interested in goin to l.j. alleman im a 7th grader going on 8th grade nd i have great experiance in playing the flute nd i run track nd im a fast runner. i hope to get feedback..

Posted January 19, 2011
I am very disappointed with LJ Alleman and cannot recommend this school. Teachers do not communicate with parents at all and there appears to be no organization between teachers. My child was a very motivated gifted student before arriving at Alleman. Now he It is VERY de-motivated, and I attribute that to a difficult learning environment at Alleman. There is no system for communication, and I have yet to be invited to a Parent Teacher conference. Overall, Alleman seems to have high ratings but I just don't see why given our experience so far.

L.J. Alleman Middle School 2

Posted May 19, 2010
This school has so many students, the kids may as well be known by number. If your child is not super smart, or always in trouble, the faculty doesn't know him or her. My child's grades and test scores were great at Woodvale, then once he got to Alleman, they all went south. He even scored an Approaching Basic in math mainly due to a teacher he was scared of. There is lots of bullying and exclusion of kids taking place that never seems to get addressed the way it should. They need to do training/ schoolwide programs to educate faculty and students on bullying. Very disappointed with this school and moved because of it.

L.J. Alleman Middle School 4

Posted April 15, 2010

L.J. Alleman Middle School 0

Posted November 07, 2009
this is a great school. good teachers. wonderful students and last but not least awsome learning

L.J. Alleman Middle School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
L J Alleman is an outstanding school that blends caring teachers, talented students and an arts curiculum that cannot be beat.

Posted August 07, 2009

L.J. Alleman Middle School
600 Roselawn Boulevard, Lafayette, LA  70503
Last modified L.J. Alleman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
L.J. Alleman Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top