Bad
Good

There were some concerns with our child being high functioning autistic and the transition from elementary school to middle school being a little unorganized, they completely won us back after providing the attention our son needed in general ed classes as well as inclusion. His progression over the year has been amazing and his grades have improved. His teacher has really made an impact on him and allowed him to progress with studies and general life situations. We moved recently and were going to change his school, but now we are having to really think about this to make sure he still gets the right attention.

Weak principal, bad neighborhood, pulled my son out of the gifted program, would not recommend!

I am the parent of two gifted and talented kids that has attended and is still attending Paul Breaux Middle School. My son is now a freshman at LHS and my daughter is in 8th grade at PBMS. This school has an EXCELLENT GT program. The teachers are very qualified, many have masters degrees. They push them to the limit with work. I am all for this. It has definitely prepared them to be organized and able to meet deadlines and handle pressure. As far as what some of the other parents are saying about the physical condition of the building, this is somewhat true. This is a very old school. As you all know, the recent Master Plan Proposal failed overwhelmingly. I for one voted against it. There is no direct correlation between a new or maintained school building and students' test scores. PBMS is one of only two schools that has a four star rating as far as Leap/I-Leap test results. So, if the bathrooms run out of toilet paper, so what. As far as the comments about the rude staff, I personally have not experienced any incidences with rude teachers. I have however experienced rudeness from the ladies in the front office. The Principle, Mrs. Caldwell, is very strict, but also fair.

My daughter is a Senior this year and did attend Paul Breaux. She is an Honor student and her grade point is extremely high. However, I have learned that what she NEEDED to learn in middle school was not learned . I believe it is due to the constant statewide tests that MUST be taught. The areas that the school NEEDS to focus on is Math & Science....especially science.

I think that paul breaux is a great school. There may be problems in behavior including mine but i think thatt its gonna get better throughout the years. i plan on sending my kids here wayy in the future. There are many clubs kids can join. sports too.

Paul Breaux is an old school and the parish maintenance budget is low - so the school does not look new. It is not dirty however, just worn out. The school grounds are just as safe as any other school in the parish. The gifted/talented program and the french immersion program are housed here, and they are both excellent programs. In middle school students need to become responsible and independent and my child's GT teachers are making that happen. The staff is good and dedicated. Give respect and you will get respect. Best middle school in the parish because of GT and french immersion.

When I decided to send my child to Paul Breaux to continue with the French Immersion program, I was assured by other parents and teachers that it was an excellent school despite its obvious flaws. I am more than dissatisfied with what my child & I have experienced. Other than open house, I have been bombarded with the rudest of attitudes and so has my son. This includes Mrs. Caldwell. Once you get past the office, the hallways smell like a urinal. Recognize that everyone has their own opinion and experience, but mine has been beyond awful & I am taking him out. I should exlain that my son has made honor roll both 9 weeks & has never had a behavior problem. I will not be recommending Paul Breaux to anyone.

This school sucks. i hate coming to this school daily, the only good thing about it is the band. Mrs. Caldwell doesnt give a care about any students.

Paul Breaux is an excellent school for students. Ms. Caldwell, the principal is awesome. She cares about the students and makes sure they are involved in their studies and learning. The teachers care about the kids. If there is a problem with any teachers, I let the principal know right away and she urgently takes care of the matter. Great School!

Paul Breaux can be improved.Many teachers are paranoid. There are teachers that will not let you take an assignment out of the classroom for fear of you getting help. Many teachers are understanding, but many are to lenient, and others are to strict. Some teachers give an 'A' for effort, and others will grade to harshly. The principal enforces the most ridiculous rules the most, and she does not enforce the some rules that even some of the students agree with. The place is a filthy mess. I agree, the school has many great programs,such as French Immersion and Gifted and Talented, and, as a participant in G.T. i greatly appreciate it, but the place is filthy, and cannot go from one class to another without hearing at least one verbal fight. Every water fountain is clogged. Every bathroom stall is dirty. Most students behave horribly.

Last modified Paul Breaux Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.