Lafayette, LA
Students enrolled: 2,383

Posted August 30, 2015
The finest liberal arts academy in the state. Their instrumental music program is unparalleled. LHS graduates several valedictorians (consistently).

Posted July 19, 2013
Lafayette High School was the best thing to happen to me. It shaped my character, opened my eyes to culture and diversity, and gave me every possibility to succeed. I was in the Gifted program and the Academy of Health Careers. Both enriched me and made me into the woman I am today. Though the physical buildings are old and run down, the people that fill the falls are brilliant, loving, and continuously finding new ways to make their students well rounded and ready for the world. I love Lafayette High School and I thank the staff there for being such supportive and inspiring people.

Posted September 03, 2012
My father went to Laf.High over 50 yrs. ago. He was a very productive young man. Hewas on the football teamRobert W. Power. He and I are so happy Halie is going to a school that is still to this day sendind outinto this big world productive young men and women. That has alot to do w/ the parent,teachers and Principials involvement w/ our school and children. This is going to be a great school year 2012/2013

Posted August 16, 2012
Lafayette High School has the best Performing Arts Academy ever! I've never been to a school that accepts people for whot they are. It's a great enviroment and I love it. GO LIONS!!!!

Posted December 04, 2011
My daughter attended private school through 8th and we could not be happier with the quality of education she is receiving at LHS. The honors programs there rivals or exceeds any private school anywhere, minus the ridiculous politics and antics that most private highschools have. LHS is a "private" school in all important respects--and exceeds them in many ways. The teachers are ALWAYS available and are incredibly helpful. The material is taught consistently well and the morale and atmosphere is upbeat and fair. It has been a real blessing to us and I hope more people learn about the amazing benefits of LHS as opposed to the overpriced, quasi-professional private options. Last, LHS reinforces the idea that the students should be humble and kind to one another, instead of comparing who is better, who has more, or who is "superior." For a public school it is an amazingly Christian environment. Go LHS Mighty Lions!

Posted April 24, 2010
My wife and I enjoy the variety of educational and artistic opportunities available for the students and the true responsibility the teachers show in educating our children properly

Posted September 16, 2009
The school seems to work as a team- which is a great asset for the large amount of children that attend

Posted May 05, 2009
For special programs LHS is one of the best in the state. due to the fact its not a magnet school and does take in at risk students this is why the test scores are as low as they are.

Lafayette High School 4

Posted August 13, 2007
This school has a long track record of great programs, such as: Gifted Ed, Academy of Health Careers, programs for the Hearing & Visually Impaired, Honors & A/P classes, Visual & Theatrical Arts programs, three Bands (symphonic, marching & concert), several Choral programs, competitive Speech & Debate... Caring, involved parents and teachers. Multi-ethnic cohesive environment. Cheerful, helpful staff. Students are afforded the opportunity to get a solid education while enjoying their time in high school. There are countless extracurricular activities: Various sports, service clubs, annual musical theatre, flag corps, project graduation, newspaper, yearbook, big sister/big brother mentoring... In academic as well as enrichment activities, this school has held many State titles and is generally known for excellence. Considering the very large student body, for a long time this school has done an amazing job of meeting the needs of the students and fostering an environment that encourages responsibility and learning.

Lafayette High School 4

Posted May 29, 2006
My three children attended Lafayette High School. It is the gifted high school in the area, so there are three levels of academics offered there: regular ed, advanced placement (AP) and gifted and talented (GT). My son went on a field trip to Disney World with his physics class. The classes offered challenge young minds and prepare them for the college experience.

3000 West Congress Street, Lafayette, LA  70506
Last modified Lafayette High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top