Lafayette, LA

Edgar Martin Middle School 2

Posted July 07, 2013
This school doesn't service 4th grade. Its an ok school. The current principal needs to be concerned less with how the community sees him, as a good ole boy, and more about the discipline issues he is not taking care of in the school.

Edgar Martin Middle School 3

Posted October 07, 2011
I was not impressed with the school from the first day. There was too much emphasis on non-academic classes, they stressed the "great band" far too much for my comfort. The teachers are good, but the school doesn't offer more than one advanced class or any more electives than band or chorus.

Posted July 21, 2009

Edgar Martin Middle School 1

Posted February 17, 2009

Posted June 21, 2008
I think this is a great school that all children can come and feel right at home because they will always no matter what make atleast one new friend!!

Posted November 29, 2007

Edgar Martin Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2007
Iy is a great school. I have been there since 5th grade, but there is way to much mold. We need to get rid of it!

Posted August 25, 2007

Edgar Martin Middle School 4

Posted June 22, 2007
My daughter was in 5th grade last year (07). Her teachers kept us well informed, sent us weekly reports, and challenged her. Both of her teachers have websites with their lesson plans, which helps a lot. The 5th graders have an assignment journal. Sometimes we bounced it off the lesson plans and found that she was missing an assignment or two. The teachers answer their email in a timely manner. Expect a lot of homework. My only complaint would be that the chorus was frustrating for my daughter and her friends. She said that the majority of the kids did not take the class seriously. I could tell during their performances. She is looking forward to sixth grade.

Posted July 12, 2006
- a former student
I loved Edgar Martin it was a great school.The teachers and staff were amazing and I loved my 3 years there.I would go back!Thank you Edgar Martin for making me a better student and an all around better kid!

Edgar Martin Middle School
401 Broadmoor Boulevard, Lafayette, LA  70503
Last modified Edgar Martin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgar Martin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top