Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2015
My daughter is going there on her third year now. No problems or issues there and the principal and staff are nice, observant, and professional. Great school.

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 5

Posted July 15, 2010
Amazing school. My child has been to 5 different school and this was her favorite one by far. She was in the French Immersion program and learned sign language in the first grade! We LOVE this school!!!

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School

Posted February 12, 2010
all 5 of my kids have gone to this school. I have 3 of them there at this time and I think it is a fantastic school

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2006
My daughter attends this school in the French immersion program. She loves her classmates and her French teacher very much. I have been pleased with the French immersion program at this school and I find that the French teachers work very hard with studends on their academics; above and beyond what is probably required. However, time and time again, I have been deeply dissapointed and confused by the administrative staff. They seem to be unconcerned about academics and place a higher value on cerimonial issues such as carnivals and award cerimonies that the parents are not even invited to. The administrative staff is also seemingly uninterested in feedback or any slight suggestion on improvements to their operational systems such as 'car-rider' pick up, etc.

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2005
This school has been a disappointment. My child is dyslexic. Her reading level has been below for three years. She has received reading tutoring for years and it hasn't helped. The school should try another program, but doesn't. SJM does not find ways to help students improve.

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2003
I have first and second graders at this school. Both come home excited to talk about new studies and how much fun they have learning. My second grader is doing very well in Math and reading. First grader is learning very well. I really think the reading program is a great tool. The teacher I have met are very helpfull and easy to work with. The principal is very kind and approchable and listens to the interests of the parent. I feel confident that my children will get a good education at this school. The teachers my children have are fun respectfull patient and educated. I would like our school to have perfoming arts program.

S.J. Montgomery Elementary School
Women's Clinic: Foreman Michael MD, Lafayette, LA  70506
Last modified S.J. Montgomery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.