Lafayette, LA

Northside High School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
Northside isn't a school that anyone should ever have to go,it's CHS ten times worse.A teens highschool life should be a great experience and if they go here they'll catch nothing but hell.I personally know people who have went here and their mom switched them.

Posted November 07, 2013
I think others should know that Northside is not what people say or think it is Northside is a very great school.... You learn like any other school... I've been to Northside for 2 years when Ms.V was their she is a good principle she ha showed and taught us good discipline.. I would recommend this school to anyone.. Our band is good and our athletes are very committed and smart... Northside is a very good learning Environment...

Northside High School 4

Posted February 26, 2010
Here at Nhs we learn our curriculum and we do that very well! People portray us as idiotic, undisciplined students when we are the complete OPPOSITE. My G.P.A has reached a 3.9 in all HONORS classes and no other school, person, or newspaper article can take that away from me or my wonderful school! Our sports are excellent but so is our academics!

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted July 25, 2008
This is my last year at northside ('09). I would highly recommend this school to anyone. Besides I think I speak for everyone when I say, 'Mr. Handy is the best principle ever.' Besides the bad things the news may show...We are excellent an we inproved a lot. They just fail to realize that Northside has its ups and downs like any other school...But overall we can achieve anything we set our minds to!!!! :) :) :) -Miss Bossier

Posted May 02, 2008
i love northside! we are the best!

Northside High School 1

Posted November 06, 2007
- a former student
Northside is by far the worst school in Lafayette. I entered Northside in 2001. I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone. In classes they teach the bare minimum if anything at all. Anything I learned I learned on my own in my personal time. Teachers spend more time either talking about nothing or dealing with problem students. The only good thing I got out of Northside was by attending the Technology Academy. For a quality education I would recommend other schools.

Posted March 20, 2007
My son attends Northside High School and is enrolled in the Engineering Academy. Students in this program must qualify academically to gain entry. They are exposed to college preparatory course work along with classes in drafting, technology and business. My sister is also a graduate of Northside High School. She has done extremely well and is currently a practicing attorney in Lafayette, Louisiana. The current administrative team is warm and welcoming. They encourage students to do their best rather than using strict discipline tactics. My son came to NHS from a small Catholic School. His transition was smooth thanks to NHS's wonderful administrators, faculty and staff and families. Not only does NHS excel in athletic extracurricular, it also offers many opportunities in academic extracurricular activities. A special word of praise should go to Ms. Spikes for her dedication and hard work with one of Lafayette's first academies - NHS's Engineering Academy.

Posted June 25, 2005
Northside IS a VERY educational school. It even boasts one of the finest sports program in lafayette, AND the best football team. As for book learning, students learn much from going to northside. There's classes from judo to computer programming, piano, and even stitching and artwork.

Posted January 20, 2005

Northside High School
301 Dunand Street, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified Northside High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top