Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 18, 2015
Teachers don't interact enough with their students and the parents for anyone to know what's really happening on a daily basis.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
I'm not going to begin on discussing why this school should be closed and never reopened.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
They don't care about their students at all and it really bothers me that educators behave this way.

Posted November 18, 2015
As a parent of a 10th grade student that was expelled and then put right back in because the school was wrong for everything they lied on her about. I'm so happy that this lady from the school board office saw right through them.

Posted June 02, 2014
Northside isn't a school that anyone should ever have to go,it's CHS ten times worse.A teens highschool life should be a great experience and if they go here they'll catch nothing but hell.I personally know people who have went here and their mom switched them.

Posted November 07, 2013
I think others should know that Northside is not what people say or think it is Northside is a very great school.... You learn like any other school... I've been to Northside for 2 years when Ms.V was their she is a good principle she ha showed and taught us good discipline.. I would recommend this school to anyone.. Our band is good and our athletes are very committed and smart... Northside is a very good learning Environment...

Northside High School 4

Posted February 26, 2010
Here at Nhs we learn our curriculum and we do that very well! People portray us as idiotic, undisciplined students when we are the complete OPPOSITE. My G.P.A has reached a 3.9 in all HONORS classes and no other school, person, or newspaper article can take that away from me or my wonderful school! Our sports are excellent but so is our academics!

Posted July 25, 2008
This is my last year at northside ('09). I would highly recommend this school to anyone. Besides I think I speak for everyone when I say, 'Mr. Handy is the best principle ever.' Besides the bad things the news may show...We are excellent an we inproved a lot. They just fail to realize that Northside has its ups and downs like any other school...But overall we can achieve anything we set our minds to!!!! :) :) :) -Miss Bossier

Posted May 02, 2008
i love northside! we are the best!

Posted November 06, 2007
Northside is by far the worst school in Lafayette. I entered Northside in 2001. I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone. In classes they teach the bare minimum if anything at all. Anything I learned I learned on my own in my personal time. Teachers spend more time either talking about nothing or dealing with problem students. The only good thing I got out of Northside was by attending the Technology Academy. For a quality education I would recommend other schools.

301 Dunand Street, Lafayette, LA  70501
Last modified Northside High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.