Bad
Good

Evangeline Elementary School 5

Posted August 11, 2015
The teachers are friendly, and well educated. The school is clean. The French immersion program is the best.

Evangeline Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
I wouldn't send my dog to this school. I petitioned the school board to get my son pulled out of the French Immersion Program at this school. My child was literally coming home with F's everyday and not once did any one try to setup a meeting with me to see what the problem was, nor did they even act like they were concern. They would just send him to the office everyday, til finally I had enough. My son in now going to Ossun Elementary and has been making honor roll ever sense. Not to mention he had 4 behavior referrals when he was at Evangeline and sense he has been at Ossun he hasn't had not one. Even his new teacher couldn't understand why he ever had 4 behavior referrals. He has been at Ossun for 2 years now, and I have not had one phone call of anyone complaining about my child, if his teacher does calls it out of concern, to see what we can do to get him to the next level. I can't stand the staff at this school.

Evangeline Elementary School 5

Posted November 04, 2004
Mrs. McNeal does an awesome job as she continues to help my son, Cornell Tardy II, with his reading opportunities. Cornell struggles severely in reading and excel in other areas. She has shown major concern that my child succeed in her class. She keep in contact with me to assure me that progress, if any, has been made. Mrs. McNeal has answered all of my notes that I have sent and she explains things to me when I am not sure of exactly what is going on. I say all of this to say that, Evangeline has a very valuable asset when it comes to the second grade teacher, Mrs. McNeal. I appreciate all she do for me and my child, Cornell Tardy II, this school year. Thank You Evangeline, Tangi Robertson

Evangeline Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2003
The principal is retired on the job and does not have the best interest of the student. She has no people skills. Some of the French teachers are not qualified to teach classes other than French.

Evangeline Elementary School
610 East Butcher Switch Road, Lafayette, LA  70507
Last modified Evangeline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.