Lake Charles, LA

St. Louis Catholic High School 3

Posted May 19, 2009
This school was pretty amazing when I first entered my freshman year, but slowly devolved into courses that were not challenging enough to prepare me for college, and teachers who just didn't care. The rules became more strict every year until school was no longer engaging and interesting, but suffocating. Send your child somewhere else if you want them to keep an ounce of individuality.

Posted August 03, 2008
I am a proud graduate of SLCHS. The school continues to add classes and provides the highest quality education in the area. It is a quality that will not be found at the leading public high school - Barbe. Students are well prepared for college (including the Ivy League) and can compete with students from any school in the country.

Posted August 09, 2007
I graduated from St. Louis and now attend college. St. Louis is a close-knit community of students and teachers. Everyone knows your name, and the academics are great. Since going to college, it is easy to see the significant differences in my St. Louis education and others' public education. I saw others struggling with the assignments and tests at the college level, but St. Louis prepared me well, and I didn't have the same difficulty. I recommend St. Louis for any student--great academics, great extracurriculars, great community.

St. Louis Catholic High School 4

Posted December 10, 2005
- a former student
I also attended St. Louis Catholic High School but I guess my experience was a little different from the previously stated alumni. I now attend a top 5 University and found that my background at St. Louis did not prepare me for the challenges ahead. When I attended St Louis (recent past), there were no classes in Economics, Statistics, Art History or Computer Science. There were only 3 Advanced Placement courses offered (English, Calculus, and Physics)--however, no more than 5-10% received a 4 or 5 on the AP exams. If you want your child to go to an Ivy League institution, I would suggest you send him/her to Barbe (where he/she can take a broader range of courses) or to boarding school. If you are happy with sending your child to a Louisiana public institution, then St Louis is the place for your 'saint.'

St. Louis Catholic High School 4

Posted October 03, 2005
I currently attend St. Louis. The school is quite small which leads to a lack of classes and varieties of people. Only Wayne Cespiva stands above the rest. Go Ces'!

Posted April 25, 2005
- a former student
I would recommend St. Louis to anyone. I attended school there and loved it. It's a close knit school. St. Louis is also great academically. I scored a 28 on the ACT and find college easy compared to the classes I took at St. Louis. It really prepared me for college and even though it was a hard school I'm reaping the awards now!

Posted March 03, 2005
- a former student
I went to school at St. Louis Catholic High. I enjoyed myself, it was a great learning experience. They have many retired public school system teachers, and a few retired college teachers. Very close school, kinda one of those where everyone knows everyone. It has remodeling and construction going on as of Feb 2005, they are putting a lot of money into the school. Good place if your looking in Southwest Louisiana.

Posted August 18, 2004

St. Louis Catholic High School
1620 Bank Street, Lake Charles, LA  70601
Last modified St. Louis Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Louis Catholic High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top