Lake Charles, LA
Students enrolled: 1,851

Posted January 21, 2015
Nice school. My kids really enjoy it and we love all the participation and community activities. We have moved a lot due to career, and this school and neighborhood is not only the best in Lake Charles, it is in the country.

Posted November 23, 2009

Alfred M. Barbe High School 2

Posted October 15, 2009
Somewhat military. More emphasis on discipline than creative learning. Busy work seems to replace prepared instruction. Copying out pages of texts for fill in the blank classwork is not creative, involved teaching.

Alfred M. Barbe High School

Posted February 03, 2009
Teachers who care. Strong math department. Daughter scored 34 on ACT!

Posted April 19, 2008
I have a son attending Barbe and one that graduated. I heard through the gravevine a few negative comments before my first son attended this school. All were proven wrong! I have great contacts will all of my son's teacher. The activities whether it be sports, academic, or arts are some of the best in the state. For a large school it seems to run smoothly.

Alfred M. Barbe High School 2

Posted September 21, 2007
This high School is an average school. I think they need to improve the teacher-parent relationships more.

Posted January 18, 2004
Barbe High School is the best public high school in the state of Louisiana. I've traveled throughout the state with my daughter (a Barbe tennis player) and I cannot begin to explain how poor those other schools look compared to Barbe. My four children have all attended Barbe and received great educations. My three oldest children have gone on to college and graduated. My youngest will graduate from Barbe High in 2005. Barbe has one of the highest percentages of graduating seniors going on to college - 89%.

Alfred M. Barbe High School
2200 West McNeese Street, Lake Charles, LA  70605
Last modified Alfred M. Barbe High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alfred M. Barbe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top