Lake Charles, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 14, 2013
My two grandchildren are in this school, one in first grade and one in pre-K. The teachers and administration are outstanding. They are always finding ways to improve the children's learning experience. Very very happy Grandmother.

Dolby Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Wonderful school! My child is currently in 3rd grade and we have had many wonderful teachers. Plus the office staff and administrative team are always communicating with parents and are willing to work together for what is in your child's best interests!

Dolby Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
This school has really lifted my child's level in English.The Principal and teachers are role models.There's discipline in the school.It's highly recommended for their high performance.

Posted September 13, 2009
I love this school! He is in first grade this year and doing well. Last year we had Ms. Phelps, she was wonderful with him. He misses her and would love to have her again this year, but she didn't move up. I'm sure Ms. Ramsey will be just as good.

Posted September 08, 2009
Dolby is excellent at incorporating technology into the curriculum to keep students engaged regardless of their preferred learning style (smart board, learning centers, etc). The teachers focus on positive reinforcement and discipline to keep students motivated and on task. I couldn't ask for a better school for my picky 4 year old. Even he loves it!

Posted July 20, 2008

Posted January 09, 2006
My daughter began pre-k at Dolby and she is now in the second grade. We absolutely love Dolby. The teachers are great, the learning environment is wonderful. The school strikes a great balance. Congratulations Dolby!

Posted September 20, 2005
My daughter attended Dolby for 4 years. She ha a great experience there. Dolby had achievement awards across the board to encourage the kids. The Foreign Lanuage, Art, and Music programs she loved. They really push reading levels. And it is no wonder the school as so...good with theire President being voted top president for several years.

Dolby Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2004
My daughter started this school in grade-K. She could not recognize any of her alphabets, numbers, vowel sounds, and her hand writing was awful. I know that this school teaches on a regular public school program but it is better then any other school she has went to. Her pre-K year, she attended John J. Johnson elementary and that school was just horrible and out of control. I requested that Nylah would beable to attend a cross country school and this was the best thing I could have ever done for her. She was beginning to become corrupt like the other students at John J. Johnson but her teacher Mrs. Houston at Dolby new exactly how to help me line up her behavior and educational wise. I was afraid to let her go to a predominantly white school but they treated her fair and equal. Dolby is awesome!

Posted April 02, 2004
We love this school! We feel that Dolby gave our children the best possible start for their school years. The teachers are the best! They are very caring and concerned, knowledgeable, and energetic. They are always the first or one of the first area school to implement new statewide programs and goals. Parents are very involved with the school through their children and the individual teachers. Parent-teacher and parent-teacher-student conferences are available and encouraged. All teachers, office staff, cafeteria staff, and other support workers are always up-beat, energetic, and there for the children at all times. The atmosphere upon entering the school is warm, caring, and inviting. The school receives a wonderful school report card every year! The achievements of the students make this possible. The teachers encourage class participation, completion of all homework, 'Accellerated Readers' program, and the ease of taking tests by making them similar to the classwork.

Dolby Elementary School
817 Jefferson Drive, Lake Charles, LA  70605
Last modified Dolby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dolby Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top