Posted May 06, 2014
I have three grandsons who have gone through Moss Bluff Middle School and could not be more pleased with this school. One of my grandsons is very shy, one very a very serious student and one very good a sports. They all had different groups of friend and we never has any problems. Since they all graduated from high school with honors the teachers must be doing a good job. I would think there is more to the stories of the negative reviews. Also, we are not related to anyone at the school so there was no special treatment.

Moss Bluff Middle School 2

Posted March 26, 2014
I myself go to this school. I can tell you not to enroll your kid here. I consider myself a more popular kid, but I see way to much bullying every day. I received the best math scores in the parish, but due to a bad teacher, I currently have a C in math. And when people get in trouble with the office, they call their friends parents to advise them to stay away from that kid.

Moss Bluff Middle School 1

Posted August 03, 2012
I agree with you. I have taken my student out of this school due to all the bullying from other students and teachers. The 6th and 7th grade councilor should not be counselling any student in any school. She has called me on several occasions and falsely accused my child of doing things they have not done! The Assistant Principal, she talks to all the students like they are all deliquescent. You never can get in contact with the teachers. They scream and yell at the students. Even go as far as bullying the students. When a student needs extra help. They get angry at that student and talk to that student like the child is a baby. The 7th grade reading teacher in team 1 needs to seriously retire or seek employment outside of dealing with children. If your student has a learning disability of any sort. They do not want to deal with it. The disciplined principals wife thinks she is suppose to take the roll of her husband instead of teaching her students. Other teachers are too busy texting on their smart phones to teach. There are more students in ISI than anything else. I have never heard so many complaints about a school ever! School NO! Prison YES!

Moss Bluff Middle School 1

Posted April 29, 2012
This is the worse middle school in Calcasieu Parish. If I was anyone. I would NOT enroll my child into this school. The students love to bully other kids and the school doesn't do much about it. This school is treated more like a prison than a school. Many parents have moved away from Moss Bluff in order to get their kids out of Moss Bluff Middle. I don't know who is making up all these stories of this middle school being so great. IT'S NOT!

Moss Bluff Middle School 3

Posted November 10, 2011
The reviews already posted must be from the principal himself. Moss Bluff Middle has the rudest most uncaring staff I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. There is bullying there. The cafeteria runs out of food. Re-read that, it's true. They have fights there and if your parent isn't already in the school system or somehow connected, you can forget about being in sports, of any kind. If your not IN your OUT. One of my children, worst three years of school. The other child, 8th grade worst school year ever and it is only November. Big school, maybe too big. The test scores are great, but they are grossly lacking in almost every other area. Regret putting my kids in this school. My kids are shy, quiet, good students, never in trouble, That is why the administrative staff doesn't recognize their names.

Posted May 31, 2011
I just completed 8th grade here. Going to MBMS, for all three years, I've learned alot! The faculty and staff always have a smile on their face, and they go to and above the limit to make sure you are doing good. It brightens my day to see a teacher go out of her/his way to tell me hello. The school is strict but it's worth it. Our test scores were outstanding, thanks to all the amazing teachers. If your moving to the area, this is the school to send your children to!

Moss Bluff Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted April 21, 2004
My daughter is completing 8th grade this year at MBMS and I couldn't be more pleased with a school. The school's caring faculty have made my childs experience in middle school wonderful. The students are strongly urged and encouraged to achieve academic excellence and there are many opportunites for extra curricular activites as well as academic clubs and groups. Thank you Moss Bluff Middle School.

Posted September 04, 2003
We are pleased to have our son attending MBMS. We recently moved from Florida and had fears about his educational future. We aren't worried now. We support 100% the school's guidelines for education, discipline, and the way they encourage our son for his goals for the future! We are blessed to have our son attending this school. Thank you MBMS!!

Posted August 10, 2003
- a former student

Moss Bluff Middle School
1104 Recreation Boulevard, Lake Charles, LA  70611
Last modified Moss Bluff Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moss Bluff Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top