Posted August 22, 2013
A. A. Nelson is a great school. This is my daughter's first year at Nelson. She said this is the best school she has ever been to. :)

Posted November 05, 2011
Exellent school for children i use to go here loved everyone here i reccomend this for alll the children i louisianna

Posted August 04, 2009
My sister went to this school and now my children do. We love it! Great teachers, staff and environment!!!

Posted July 02, 2008
As a new teacher to Nelson Elementary, I felt right at home. The staff is incredible! There is not one teacher there that I would not trust my child to. Mrs. Smith and Mr. Juneau are an amazing team! I just cannot say enough wonderful things about this school..

A. A. Nelson Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2006

Posted August 23, 2003
A. A. Nelson has my utmost respect. The principals, teachers, and staff have a genuine concern for not only the academics of the students. They also have a true caring nature for each and every student. I myself had a child that pushed the limits every day with his teacher and staff. They not only did not give up on him they helped on a very personal level and today (2 years later) he has turned his whole life around. Mrs. Way (principal) and Mrs.Smith (vice-principal) are hands down the best team I have ever seen. They are seen all day every day and always have time for parents. Their best qualities, where the children are concerned, is that they truly love what they do. The academics is top notch. I as a parent am informed of each step of my childs education. This school has so much to offer beyond the normal drop your kid off at eight and pick them up at three. This is more like a small community with many friends, great leaders, and most of all great kids. Each year at the end of the year awards day I wittness something amazing. I watch as teachers tell tearful stories of how they will miss this years students. A we in the audience hold back our own tears we know two very important things. Each of these students are moving up with the best education you could ask for and that next year they will cry all over again for the new children they fell in love with. I would like to thank Mrs. Way and Mrs. Smith for putting together such a great group of teachers and staff. They have allowed me to watch the 'greatest show on earth': educating children.

Posted August 22, 2003
Nelson elementary is a great school with a wonderful staff. The teachers are among the best you could get to educate your child. My wife and I have a sense of safety for our child due to the monitoring program they inforce as far as visitors on campus and with a security officer on grounds. I recommend Nelson Elementary to any parent who wants to offer their child a safe and rewarding education.

A. A. Nelson Elementary School
1001 Country Club Road, Lake Charles, LA  70605
Last modified A. A. Nelson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A. A. Nelson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top