Lake Charles, LA
Students enrolled: 1,298

Posted August 01, 2012
I hear about a LOT of bullying that goes on at this school. They have way to many kids and not enough faculty to properly watch over all of them - not saying they don't try. If would help if they would stop bussing in so many kids. Most of the teachers are great. The boys gym also doesn't have air conditioning although the girls gym does. Bottom Line - This school is way overcrowded.

Posted April 14, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this school! The teachers make sure each of their classes meet the GLE's. They also make learning the subject easier and sometimes even fun. The faculty and staff are friendly, helpful, and very hardworking. And by the way, having to eat outside is NOT a problem! Many students actually enjoy it! S.J. Welsh is awesome, and I recommend it to any student who wants to move here. Go Colts!!

Posted September 09, 2009
This school is not over crowed. They just built a 6th grade building for the 6th grade so the only people in the main buildings are 7th and 8th. Theres also a second story for some of the eight graders. Its really a good school. I go there everyday I know. Why would there be a courtyard with tables if the outside wasnt meant to house people? The people who bring there lunch sit outside. There is no reason for them to be in the cafeteria. They dont have to buy food. The people who buy food go to the cafeteria eat then go out side and sit down. We all eventually end up outside. I think the school having lots of kids is a good thing because you have lots to choose from.In my opinion if you go here and dont make friends somethings wrong with you.

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted June 20, 2009
yeah this school is way too overcrowded!! i would rather send my child to fk white middle. this school has so many kids, and no where to put them!! it's just terrible! and i did send my child to f.k afterwards.

Posted December 19, 2008
Academic standards are high but the school is too small for the number of students it has. Some students must eat lunch outdoors because there isn't an adaquate size lunch room.

Posted December 12, 2008
U think its overcrowded I thimk it`s just fine for me! Sj gives me the power,the knolwge to scessed Donovan Comeaux

Posted March 11, 2008

Posted August 22, 2007
This school is overcrowded.

Posted November 29, 2006
I love it we get a great education we have fun and the teachers are great

S. J. Welsh Middle School
1500 West McNeese Street, Lake Charles, LA  70605
Last modified S. J. Welsh Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
S. J. Welsh Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top