Lake Charles, LA

Posted February 02, 2014
Everyone that hears about FK White might think its one of the nastiest, sickest schools around. Now, im going to be honest with everyone. It is. But, havent you heard that old saying, Never judge a book by its cover? . Truth is, my school is no different than SJ Welsh. So why are you pointing us out? If our school is so horrible, then why do we have TELC, and 1st place in speech for 15 YEARS.We have kids from foster homes, drug-filled homes, and we even have kids that dont have a home, and we are proud to few one of the few that support education to every child. We TELC kids are NOT goodie-goodies that get spoiled all the time with internet. Lets talk about TELC teachers. These teachers are trying their best to teach us for highschool, giving us pre-algebra instead of 7th grade math. They are giving us early french credits and options we never thought we could ever have. we were learning about greek gods and my teacher, Dr. William Maricle, dressed up as a greek god and did a short play to us. it helped us remember what we learned. Let me get to the point. underneath all of the horrible paint-jobs, broken toilets, and dusty floors, is a home to all the kids that attend.

Posted August 03, 2012
i luv f.k it is a great school everyone is nice sum teachers may sometimes be in a bad mood but they are still great!! Cheerleaders are awesome the lockers are too!! to get through all you have to do is make friends study and don't be messy and then you'll survive:D

Posted April 07, 2011
Our experience with this school has not been great at all. We have dealt with yes teachers telling us that the school was not very good. That they had a hard time with students being out of control, too many in one class and only getting worse. that they themselves would not send their child there. They do not all show up to scheduled conf. or they leave early after telling you what they have to say and not working on anything. They do not return calls in a timely manner even when its about violence occurring. When you are told by employees they think its bad, well that tells you to get out of there.

Posted May 19, 2010
I go to F.K. White and I was looking forward to coming to this school in 5th grade. I'm in 7th grade now. It has been horrible here, fights, drug, ect. I'm ignored by the coaches because I'm white. This school isn't a quality place. DO NOT SEND YOU'RE CHILD HERE!

F. K. White Middle School 3

Posted April 13, 2010
Okay so I am currently in my 8th grade at this school.I have noticed something while I was here for my 6th-8th grade years. Most of the teachers pick favorites.Some of the teachers let there anger out on the kids.Not physically but if they are in a bad mood they tend to yell alot.I would recommened the school to any kids who didn't care if the teachers liked them and if the kids was worried about their education.They currently have 3 assisant principles and,ofcourse,1 head principle. All in all you can have a great experience it just depends on, who you hang out with, what teachers you get and if you can stay out of trouble.

Posted September 03, 2009
This school is awesome, you have to work hard to be in a good place at this school, but isnt that what school is? Working hard to achieve? I was a cheerleader at this school 6th-8th grade and co-captain in 8th grade. I loved most of the teachers there. They do care about your grades but they wont do everything for you and thats teaching responsibility. Now i go to Barbe High School i make straight A's and i thank all of my teachers at F.K. They also have an OUTSTANDING choir! I was in choir all my years there and we were supposed to go to San Antonio for festival and everyone paid, but swine flu stopped us from going and that shows us that our principal cares about our education AND our health.(: THIS SCHOOL ROCKS!

Posted July 09, 2009
This school shouldn't be recommend. My grades and behavoir was not acceptable and most teachers did nothing!! Nothing to improve my grades or behavoir. Don't get me wrong there are some great teachers. There are activtys I was on the volleyball team ,but this school needs help. Such as a better Princple, new books and locker, more teachers in some subjects. I will not be going to this school for my seventh grade year. Try a differrnt school like S.J. Welsh.

F. K. White Middle School 0

Posted April 17, 2009
I attended f.k white for two years and it has some of the best yeachers you will ever find. they all care about the students and want to help each and everyone of them. i truly enjoyed my time there and would recomend this school to anyone.

F. K. White Middle School 3

Posted February 18, 2009
School is doing better, when passports were in play, students were written up for every little thing done wrong, not giving children much of a chance to do better.

Posted August 08, 2008
As a parent we all want what is best for our children in life , F.K. White is a awesome middle school. My daughter and I was very pleased with her education. If you have any question about anything the staff goes out of their way to help you get the answers that you need. There are many clubs that you child can participate in. The teachers encourage it. We were going to put her in S.J Welsh becaus we heard alot of bad things about F.K . but im very gld that she had to go to F.K because she was very happy there. 07-08 wa her last year attending F.K. She was very pleased.

F. K. White Middle School
1000 East McNeese Street, Lake Charles, LA  70607
Last modified F. K. White Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
F. K. White Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top