Bad
Good

For a large school, the staff really gets to know your child. My child is greeted by name when I drop him off in the morning. There is a lot of parental involvement and a real sense of community.

My 4th graders started at Gillis this year. We were worried about going to a new school for the first time (moved from Arkansas), but he loves it. It has been 6 weeks so far, and all of the 4th grade teachers are wonderful. My son had one bad day and I spoke with the teacher and she was so understanding and helped us work though it. I don't know any of the other grades of teachers, but 4th grade teachers are all awesome!

My six year old and twelve year old love Gillis Elementary,we had to put my six year old at Gillis because there was no nurse at Moss Bluff Elementary,so my twelve year old said he wanted to be with his brother and he loves it more than Moss Bluff elementary,my son said the teachers at Gillis really seem to care about you.

My child has been here for four years I am very satisfied with the school most of all the staff

My daughter began middle school this year, but went to Gillis Elem. for six years. I would give them a five star rating. All the academic programs were outstanding and of the highest quality. All the activities my daughter wanted to do were available and never out of her reach. The teachers are fabulous. Every year they just get better. The atmosphere is bright and cheery, and the wonderful bright colors make you want to dance right into the school. We already miss Gillis, but are looking forward to a wonderful year in the 6th grade. Go Gillis. You just get better every year.

Last modified Gillis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.