Posted June 03, 2013
Fantastic school! I went here for eleven years and am extremely thankful I did! I made all A's at AOL and felt extremely prepared when I entered high school. There are few schools that have teaches like AOL who genuinly care about you and want you to excel. Even though this is a small school it's very Christian and family oriented. I remember when I attended Pre-school and I still remember the things I learned here and always will!

Posted April 18, 2012
If you write a new review, your previous review is overwritten. We have no way of deleting comments from this website. I doubt that the former student below actually toured our school because many areas have been upgraded or remodeled in the last two decades especially in the area of technology!!! We would love for anyone to come and tour our school. We have an open door policy and welcome unscheduled visitors, anytime. We are very proud of our new leadership, dedicated teachers, academic excellence, and strong Catholic faith, and are excited to share it with you! We are also very proud of our excellent students who are continually winners in the area of academics and service to others! Being a Crusader is not just a name...it's a FEELING! Come experience for yourself what it feels like to be a part of our family.

Posted April 18, 2012
You will not find a better Kindergarten teacher than Mrs. LeBlanc. She has been teaching for 30 years. She is one of the best teachers my son had at AOL. (He is now in high school.) She still holds herself and her students to the highest standards. Your child will be extremely prepared for first grade and beyond!

Ascension Of Our Lord School 1

Posted March 30, 2012
My previous negative review was deleted so I caution those relying on this website that it is mostly an echo chamber for school cheerleaders. I am a former graduate of AOL with a child ready to attend K. I toured the school and was shocked to see that very little has been upgraded since the nearly two decades since my graduation. You should tour the school. Look at the makeup of the class your child will attend. I refuse to pay tuition to send my child to a class that looks worse than a public school.

Posted April 20, 2011
Congratulations to all AOL students who earned academic scholarships to St. Charles Catholic High School. Our seventh grade students scored 1st through 3rd place on the eigth grade placement test. Our eighth grade students earned 1st, 2nd, and 4th place on the ninth grade placement test. Go Crusaders!

Posted December 21, 2010
My family has been a parish family at Ascension of Our Lord since it's beginning. I have had three children go to Ascension School. My daughter attended St. Charles & my two sons went to Brother Martin. All three children did well in high school & were prepared in academics as well as moral values. Two of my children were scholaship students @ LSU & Tulane and are engineers; and my third is in college @ Southeastern. I think that is proof enough that they got a great foundation at Ascension.

Ascension Of Our Lord School 1

Posted April 09, 2010
As a student who attened AOL I have to disagree with this teacher. Since the new principal as come the acedimic standards and quality is not as rich and up to par as it use to be. The kids that have graduated over the last three years have struggled throughout high school with their studies proven by these high school teachers that AOL students were not prepared properly for high school or the atmosphere of high school. One 8th grade class had atleast three teachers leave one year. The people below do not know that their child is 'prepared' until they get to high school. The student enrollment of AOL has lowered to the point that they will have one class per grade. My opinion is if you want your child to have a quality education send them to SJA those are the kids that get scholarships and succeed.

Posted March 15, 2010
As a teacher at AOL, I am very disappointed in the untrue comments of the student below. Here are the facts regarding our Middle School: Our Social Studies teacher has 29 years experience with 26 years at AOL, our Math teacher has 20 years experience with 11 years at AOL, our Science teacher has 14 years at AOL, and our Religion teacher has 13 years at AOL. Our former Reading teacher is now the current Principal. She has been replaced by Mrs. Jaubert, who has 13 years experience with 8 years at AOL and has been named Teacher of the Year and Mrs. Lambert who has 2 years experience. The students consider her one of the best teachers at AOL. Our new English teacher, Mrs. Bordelon, has 13 years experience and plans to have a long future with AOL. She has her Master s degree and is highly qualified to teach English.

Posted March 15, 2010
I have been a Crusader parent for eleven years and I think that Ascension of Our Lord is still a great school. My children have received an excellent education. The best thing about Ascension is the dedicated teachers. If you look at the facts below, you will see that Ascension has a very dedicated faculty that has been with them for many years. I currently have a child in their Middle School and Elementary School and I can tell you that they have not lowered their standards. My children are constantly being challenged and will be very prepared for High School.

Posted March 15, 2010
My daughter attends the Montessori pre-school at AOL. She absolutely loves going to school everyday. At three years of age, she is able to write her name, count, and even read many words. I am constantly amazed at her awareness of Christian values and 'making right choices.' These teachers are doing an outstanding job. I was extremely apprehensive about the idea of my 'baby' going to a K-8 school. However, the 'family' atmosphere at AOL has enabled my child to blossom into an independent, happy, morally-sound pre-schooler.

Ascension Of Our Lord School
1809 Greenwood Drive, LaPlace, LA  70068
Last modified Ascension Of Our Lord School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ascension Of Our Lord School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top