Bad
Good

LES is really a great place to learn! I am excited it is a "B" school now! Faculty and staff are great too!

LaPlace Elementary is really a GREAT PLACE to LEARN. Faculty and staff are WONDERFUL! My child left private school to attend LES and we have had nothing but success. Principal Mrs. Cupit is also wonderful and works real hard to make LES successful.

The principal seems very unconcerned about the students at the school and she is very unpofessional and lacks common courteousy with outside staff that visits. I was very shocked to learn that she was named " Principal of the year" last school term. I do not have children at the school but I am there often. I have had many students report to me about the bullying that takes place there and the lack of discipline and/or action that is taken as a result of the incidence. I dread going to the school each week and I hope that a new principal is provided to the school that actually cares about the students there!

The teachers that my children have are wonderful. If there is ever a problem they are there. And i like the fact that Mrs. Davis has the respect from all her 7th and 8th graders.

Its an ok school honestly. The grade curve isn't very high so my three kids are straight-A students. However the teachers seem to have a saying 'What goes on in the halls does not matter' because they will not deal or do anything about bullying in the halls of the school. You can take it to the principal and they tell you to contact the teacher about it which is pointless if it happens in the hall. Other than that, its a great school, and I am very pleased with the activities and grades my children get.

Coming from New Orleans I can appreciate the good things this school has to offer but it is also lacking proper supervision of it students. If a teacher does not see an incident take place there are no measures taken to correct it. This is not how something should be handled to correct things.

This is my sons first year in this school, and I am very pleased with the school, teachers, and curriculum so far. 2 thumbs up!

I luv this school to death. I've attented LaPlace Elementary School since I was in Kindergarten, and now I'm in 8th grade going to high-school. I appreciate my wonderful and brilliant teachers as if they were my blood. 'LaPlace Elementary School, A Great Place To Learn!'

Glad my daughter is now out of LaPlace Middle, never looking back. She continually complained that the school was too easy and not challenging enough. Because there are no classes for honors (only midstream and Gifted/Talented), the children who excel more than midstream get bored. She's on to bigger and better things.

This school is one of the best schools in the district. We have been overjoyed by Laplace Elem. Although the classrooms are packed, the teachers and principal go out of their way to make learning successful for all the children. They encourage parent involvement although most parents do not attend the wonderful programs offered by this school. I am glad that LaPlace Elementary has such a wonderful set of caring educators to teach our young children.

Last modified Laplace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.