Bad
Good

Posted September 16, 2014
Parents don't be fooled by a spruced up review or two.. This school need to be closed down. The staff is only there for a paycheck. TRUST ME! From the top to the bottom.

East St. John Elementary School 5

Posted August 14, 2014
As the new leader of East St. John Elementary, you'd be hard pressed not to choose this school for your child's educational journey. We currently house 100% certified teachers and administrators who care about not only test scores, but the entire child. East St. John is on a quest to be the best!!!!!!!! Mr. Bradford

East St. John Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2013
Im in 9th grade now but when i went to esje it was good . I love all my teachers , they gave me everything i need to know . Esje is a really good school , they barely have fights . I miss my school already .

Posted April 17, 2013
Whoever Moves to Laplace. Stay away from this School. My kids have been there a few months and I am already looking for another school. I perfer to work 2 jobs and put them in private schools to make sure they get a good education. Starting from the top person in the school to the Bottom no one cares for the kids. No tourtoring after school, teachers do not communcate with you. Nothing just plan NOTHING. If you do end up going all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!!

Posted May 08, 2012
I just bought a home in New Era and was told different things about this school, i have 2 nephews and a Niece that has attended this school since kindergarten and they to agree that the teachers there are not the best, I have no idea what I am going to do with my own two seeing as though I have not heard back from the Superintendent about my permit request to send my kids to Laplace Elem. AHHH!!!

Posted November 15, 2006
My children just started there this year the only teacher that has tried to help out this year so far is Ms. Whaley and Mr.Tujac(?).I have had nothing but problems from the school. We understand that parents work and that even some parents cant be part of a PTA or PTO meetings but you should at least offer more to the students and parents.

Posted August 05, 2005
I agree with both the responses submitted here. Mrs Wallace has no leadership abilities, which is important in turning a school around acedemically, and gets defensive when a problem is pointed out to her. As for the school, the teachers have no control over the students and allow bad behavior to take place within the classrooms without attempting to intervene or maintain order. This school is totally out of control and until a real leader steps in to take control of the situation it will sadly remain that way.

Posted September 22, 2004
I agree with the parent's response about her attitude. They should get a principal that cares about the children not a pay check. Mrs. Wallace is not a pleasant person. If more parents knew about this web site than maybe the school board would listen. This school has dropped down to unsatisfactory, since my child first started. There are hardly any good teachers. Most of the teachers are there for the money and waiting for their retirement. My child had a teacher and she did not know how to teach, so I asked for a teacher change. My child was moved, however that teacher is still teaching there to this day. They just dropped her down to a lower grade. It is really sad there is not good education anymore in Louisiana. These days everything is Leap Test. They stopped parent/teacher conferences.

East St. John Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2004
From my experience, the Principal is unconcerned. Try to get a meeting w/her.. I had to get a member of the school board to even get her to make an appointment with me. When I showed for the appointment she had her secretary tell me she didnt feel well. Had to have the school board member call her and make me take a meeting. She still didnt meet w/me, but gave me a class change..seemed she did it to just get me to go away. I got what I wanted.. but the problem in the original classroom was never corrected as a result. I have seen many improper things at this school.. once even seeing a teacher hitting students in the legs w/the bristle end of a brush to get them to stand in line. Lots of brutal fights there usually ending up in punishwork only. Scores almost failing.

East St. John Elementary School
400 Ory Drive, Laplace, LA  70068
Last modified East St. John Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.