LaPlace, LA

Posted December 26, 2012
This is not review but I am curious about some things. I am thinking about applying for the principal job. Why did the original principal leave? ( resign or fired) How long will the school remain open? What are the expectations for a new principal? Thanks

Posted March 14, 2012
I was a graduate of Our Lady of Grace and was able to make it in high school and college. The negativity that this school is getting is far from the truth. But as a race we tend to hold grudges when things do not go our way. But remember there is a God that sits high but looks low. And as for as this school is concerned when you are doing good here you do good where ever you go. So please look beyond the haters and send your child to a school that not only educate but teaches morals and values that your child can take anywhere.

Posted March 14, 2012
I don't normally write reviews about school, however, after seeing the terribly untrue things that were being said about Our Lady of Grace, I felt I had no choice but to come to its defense. I have had six granchildren to attend this school over the years and was very satisfied with the manner in which they were treated and taught. They all liked their school very much and especially their teachers. After attending Our Lady of Grace, three of my grandchildren went on to attend a very prominant charter school in New Orleans and are all excelling.

Posted February 20, 2012
I am a former teacher of this school, year 2011-2012, and it was a very big disappointment to me. I accepted a teaching position at this school because I love working with children. I also wanted to help what seemed to be a school in dire straits. Failing enrollment, lack of resources and supplies, and old rundown buildings were what I was up against. I embraced that and all the negative reviews I had found through my search about the school before being hired, hoping that it really wasn't that bad. It's really bad. And right now there is nothing that no one can say or do to change that. My professional and personal experience at this school was dealing with the lack of efficiency. There were things that went on at this school that were jaw dropping, one was being asked to go on line and say something nice about the school to push down all the negative reviews and we didn't have to say who we were. This is just one of many from the least to the greatest concern which was that of the my students. I resigned knowing what's written in the book of Luke 12:1-3, and what's written in the book of Deuteronomy 28. So, I can live with myself knowing that I stood up for what was right.

Posted February 18, 2012
our lady grace school is not a good school at all. The principal has no idea of what she's doing,and does not allow us to learn.You should not bring your children to this horrible school.What she does is call meeting in the middle of the morning and that takes away our time from work,and that's only one of the thing she does. #HORRIBLE SCHOOL

Posted August 14, 2011
I visited this school in July to register my 2 kids when I was approached by someone by the school office who appeared to be an employee of the school. I ask her if she could give me some information about the school since I was new to the community. She quickly suggested that I turn around and find another school for my 2 kids. So I thought, if the staff tells you not to bring your kids, than it must be a bad school!! im hoping that this person who advised me to run from this school was not a teacher because she used very, very poor grammer and dressed very tacky and unprofessional. Rachelle Fernandez

Posted May 03, 2011
This school seriously needs to be shut down ASAP before it kills another child's education. Once you send your child there for atleast a year, they're already behind. Our Lady Of Grace is TOO behind and all those comments that are actually compliments...they're all a cover up. The school needs students and the people there would do anything to get more money. MORE STUDENTS=MORE MONEY Most people that come from OLG struggle the rest of their lives and they can't achieve because they have an education of a 2 year old. The only good part about the school is its Pre-kindergarden program. My daughter seems to be learning a lot.

Our Lady Of Grace School 4

Posted April 13, 2011
My son is now in the 3rd grade at Our Lady of Grace and has been there since K4. It is truly an incredible school. The staff is dedicated to your child's success and development. The curriculum is well paced and the children learn at a phenomenal rate. He will, without a doubt, be an OLG graduate.

Our Lady Of Grace School 3

Posted April 12, 2011
Our Lady of Grace School is a predominently black catholic school under the direction of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. We are a proud school, with proud parents, who care about the education of their child academically, and spiritually. We welcomed our new principal Ms. Stephenie Aubert in the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year, because she brings to the table an understanding of what it takes to education the whole family as well as understanding the individual needs of each child. You can feel comfortable in enrolling your children at Our Lady of Grace because they will be nurtured in the way that is positive and in a way that will help them to be better individuals in this society.

Posted February 09, 2010

Our Lady Of Grace School
780 Louisiana 44, LaPlace, LA  70068
Last modified Our Lady Of Grace School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Grace School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top