Leesville, LA

Posted February 27, 2012
When my 3 kids transferred to Hicks from Rosepine, my third grader was extremely far behind and the teacher set aside special time to help her catch up (at RES, they were still adding/subtracting, but Hicks was already done with multiplication/division & cursive!!!). Hicks is my alma mater and I'm grateful that the QUALITY EDUCATION they offer is still available. There aren't a lot of extracurricular class activities or crafting and having come out of a school that CONSTANTLY was having kids do that kind of junk, I'm so happy about that. If you're wanting a place that concentrates on learning, you've found it. Kids might complain that there are only a few teams to play on after school, but I'm more interested in them having a useful education!

Posted November 20, 2008
My three sons went and go to hicks. my 2 oldest has been there since 4 and 5th grade and my youngest since kindergarden.One out of 3 is finished school and i have a senior and 8th grader.I would never think about taking them out of hicks for anything. I love this school so much. And so do they. Everyone there is wonderful. All 3 boys have had Mrs.Schattles and i adore her so much.she is a wonderful teacher and keeps th eparents informed about the student.She cares alot about her students.I went to this school for a year 21 years ago and not much has changed. I would send any kid there knowing they are taking care of and cared about.

Posted June 02, 2008
Look no further this is the school you really want to put your child in!!! If you want a school that truly cares and encourages parents to participate, go and check this school out. I am a military Mom and I was stressed out when I first moved here. My three boys went to a school that just did not care about their students. Needless to say we heard about Hicks and so we went to check it out. We fell in love with the staff and the relaxed atmosphere that they have. The teachers are great with the kids. It is a small school but that is why they are like this. It sits in a small community that is very active with the school. The Principle and Vice Principle are so easy to talk to, and friendly. Go check this school out, you won't regret it!!

Posted February 01, 2008
We have a great school with wonderful teachers and students. The administration is extremly supportive. our children are recieving an outstanding education.

Posted September 23, 2006
Hicks high school is an outstanding school.Mr.Landsdale @mrs.Jimnez is great.The office staff is just wonderful,my son camryn is a very sick child at times.They no my children so well ,just if it was there.Mrs.Kinchin teaches kamryn,she has taught my daughter @my son greg she a loving and caring teacher.My daughter is fifth grade ms.Smith,she is great,and makes learning fun.My son greg is in seventh grade.He has mrs.Schattles for his teacher,she goes way and beyond she's the greatest,the students no they can go to her for help at anytime of the day.Mrs.Perry is wonderful also,she teaches reading,english.They both have good classroom standard's,and are very in control of there class.Very good classroom setting.Also the school bus driver is wonderful,mrs.Hall.She is safe and very good to the children.Hicks high school a safe and dedicated school,i'm very involved is the pta,and other things at school.

Posted July 05, 2005
I love this school. Both of my boys go there. The teachers as well as the office personnel and the support personnel treat the children with respect and look out for each child. I work at another school and I feel comfortable knowing that my children are in good hands and that they will call me if something goes wrong.

Posted January 29, 2005
I couldn't be happier with this school. The Vice-Principal knows most every child's name, the Teachers love their job and their students. It's a small community that welcomes soldiers and their families with open arms. My sons teacher noticed he was excelling in reading and had him tested. He tested into the next grade level so the two teachers rearranged THEIR schedule so my son could go to the next level for reading class. These Teachers and the leadership is a cut above the rest. Their academic scores go up every year.

Hicks High School
1296 Par Road 831, Leesville, LA  71446
Last modified Hicks High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hicks High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top