Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The people in the office are the rudest I have ever encountered. Every time I go in the office they are rude. It is terrible. The school is also very sloppy, starting when I registered my child. They didn't even tell me there was a uniform! Terrible school.

The Office Staff, including the Principal, are very rude and closed-minded! They treat the children, as if they are already bad eggs...my child will never attend this school again!

This school is so bad that my son, who used to love school before transferring here, hates school so much that he cries every morning. The teacher he has here doesn't explain or take time teaching. He went from being an all a student to barely passing. To say I am disappointed is an understatement! I have never seen a teacher who could care less about the education of their students before now. If you can't take your job or the education of kids seriously you shouldn't be a teacher. Pulling my child out at the end if the year and homeschooling. If you care about your child's education and mental health change schools or homeschool, this place is a joke!

We are a military family who just moved here. So far our 3rd Grader loves the school and comes home always talking about the staff & teachers talking to her, engaging in conversation. But after many reviews of other schools, we were very pleased with Pickering Elementary School. We like that everyone at the school is talkative and very nice.

Pickering is a good school but my child didn't like his last teacher Mrs.sanders p.s. she's mean I mean if she was more polite she would be liked my child liked her a little more like 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003% shes very mean but I like her cause thats stone cold discipline to think she's a very good role model

This is an ok school. I have two children in this school (grades 3 and 5). I think with a little work this could be a very good school, but there is no way I'm letting my kids go to high school here.

The staff have been wonderful, the administration personnel are fantastic. The discipline in the school is top notch. The people there are great, but they have some pretty tough working conditions. The school is in a horrible location, right next to busy railroad tracks which is distracting and causes concerns for safety. The building is old and dilapidated, the technology is mediocre. Large amount of children in small classrooms. Average 26 kids per class in the lower grades with one teacher. I really wish the students and staff of PES had a facility they could be proud of. The bus system is a NIGHTMARE. They are overcrowded, older and younger kids all ride together and there is little to no discipline. Due to my work schedule my children have no choice but to ride the bus. They get off the bus, wet with sweat after an hour long ride with no AC, then they tell me horror stories about kids fighting, making out, stealing from others, swearing. They have been dropped off at the wrong house before. Mr. Ducote was sincerely apologetic for the bus issues, but they are out of his control. I almost quit my job last year to be able to take them to school myself, it got that bad.

My kids have gone to this school for the 2yrs we've been stationed here at Polk & while there have always been issues,yesterday was my breaking point.My child was paddled even tho we have a signed no paddle in our file! The teacher admitted she did not even check in our file to see if it was "allowed" or not,nor did she apologize. We pulled all 3 of our kids from that school immediately & they will NOT be going back! I think it is horrible that CP is still used & that a place we send our kids the majority of their childhood,they cannot feel safe. I am beyond sickened & saddened and we will take appropriate action to ensure this ends! You are better off homeschooling your kids if you have to be stationed here. Do not put them in the schools here,the education is severly lacking & obviously the care is just as bad!

I have been trying to find out what happened to this school! Well I figured it out - New principal. Then, I found out Mrs. Atkins left. I thought that our family would give the new principals time to adjust. Then, I discovered that this man (the principal) has been there for like 20 years and used to make Mrs. Atkins do everything so she left. HORRIBLE! They should have left Mr. Ducote at the school with Mrs. Atkins. Even though the teachers are great, we hope things change soon or else we'll be going to a different school.

If you're a military family looking for a good school near Fort Polk, this is the one! We moved our kids from on post to Pickering and we just love it here! Test scores are good, teachers are great, staff is good and very supportive of military.

Last modified Pickering Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.