Leesville, LA

Posted March 04, 2015
My child comes home depressed and cries everyday and every morning she is in 9th grade and hates her school and the kids there. They do not help the children, she struggles everyday with her grades and her test and all the teenage drama has gotten to her she literally hates it there. The kids bring ciggeretts to school lighters knives it's crazy. To many kids cutting themselves at school fighting and bullying going to deal with that school is not going to change anything.

Posted April 22, 2013
Vernon Middle School should not be a school of choice. It will take years to change all the ongoing problems. The School Board needs to make changes! Children matter!

Posted July 12, 2012
This is the worst school either of our children have attended. The assistant principal covers up bullying, and is a former bus driver who allows the bus drivers to do whatever they want. The staff makes the kids walk around the halls with their arms crossed, terrible body language that ends up reflecting the student's attitudes. We were quite adamant that we were available to help in any way, and provided the teachers with several contact numbers and email options. Yet we rarely, if ever, heard from them even when there were academic issues we should have addressed long before report cards were issued. All in all, I would not recommend this school to anyone...especially in an open enrollment parish in which you can easily enroll your student in another school. Our student will not be attending this school next year.

Vernon Middle School 5

Posted February 21, 2011
This is a Excellent school, This school doesn't hesitate testing and helping students that have learning disabilities, I would recommend this school to anyone..

Vernon Middle School 5

Posted November 07, 2010
I am very proud of this school.It makes sure students can pass the iLEAP test or try at least

Vernon Middle School 4

Posted July 14, 2009
i'am a former student of vms, i was on the first danceline and i'm proud of that, but the school was okay, my teachers were always there to assist me when i needed to. they do not call if you are failing your classes, however they do send out a sheet of your grades, so you can't complain, it just depends if your child shows you or not. its not there fault they don't call, its yours for not checking your childs grades. you can check your childs grades on the school website. i loved this school with all my heart, and i will definantly miss it <3

Posted August 08, 2007
two of my 3 kids attended this school and I don't have much to complain about other than when grades are slipping sometimes you aren't notified in time..but the new system (parent center) helps ALOT. I can keep up with the grades. Mr. Wesley is the best asset to the school..He really cares about the students, and parent involvement. every school should have a principal like him.

Vernon Middle School 2

Posted February 21, 2006
For there are some teachers that actually care at Vernon Middle School however they are limited. They are constantly hollaring at people's children and if a child does not have a concerned parent then problems such as this never get resolved. The teachers worry about relatively small problems such as if a child's shoe strings are untied instead of worrying about the child getting a quality education. I have always believed that a negative attitude yields a negative attitude. When an educator yeilds a negative attitude towards students than the students will behave in a negative way. I have seen some of the most well-behaved students who enjoyed attending shool at West Leesville Elementary complain every day about having to attend a school such as Vernon Middle School. We as taxpayers should not have to be concerned about an issue such as this.

Posted April 28, 2005
I have a ADHD child. My son wasn't doing that great in south polk but when he went to vernon middle he was straight A's. I give alot of sredit to his teacher Ms. Copes-Smith. She is amazing. She is the best teacher my child has had in the 4 years we were there. I wish every shild could exsperience her. Now for the office, they can be VERY rude and not friendly at all. I think that needs to change or find different staff with more people skills.

Posted October 30, 2004
The school spends too much time worrying about the standardized tests instead of teaching the students what is required for them to pass to the next grade. Also, the teachers wait until the kids are on the verge of failing a class before they contact the parents/guardians. However, if Little Johnny doesn't have his belt, Mom will get a call before she can have her morning coffee.

Vernon Middle School
1410 Nona Street, Leesville, LA  71446
Last modified Vernon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vernon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top