Bad
Good

I wish I had never enrolled my child in Loranger High. Here it is, the first day of school, and because one of their faculty members failed to document that my daughter turned in a text book, my child cannot enroll in her new school, as we have moved out of the parish. So the choice they are giving me is either pay for a text book that they have in their possession, or my child cannot be enrolled in any other school...UGGH! I wouldn't recommend sending a dog to Loranger High School

I believe this school is average. The accelerated classes are not advanced enough. I have spoken to a few graduates that went on to college, and they felt like LHS did not prepare them for college. I have been debating wether I should move my son, but I don't have a lot of options. There are some really good teachers, but I just feel like the students are not pushed enough academically. The principal is a very intelligent woman, but it is time for her to retire.

I am currently a student here at LHS and I like the school. That's saying alot, coming from someone who has attended more than 4 private and public scools. When I first came here, I thought it would be the typical high school with cliques and better treatment for other 'elite' students. But it's not. You can safely talk to just about anyone in the school. There are some people who dislike each other, and fights rarely occur. And the accusations of athletes given better opportunities, that is simply not true. I'm a new student, I'm not in athletics, cheerleading, band, or any other school activites yet I have access to all accelerated classes and I found myself enjoying the lessons. The only thing I'd say is the major downside to the school is the lack of variety of courses. But that's understandable, since this is a small school.

I am a current student at Loranger High, and I must bring some light to these horrible accusations. I have attended Loranger schools since kindergarten, and my my parents did the same. Also I am enrolled in as many accelerated programs as LHS offers, so some may consider me one of these 'elite'. However I must say that all students at Loranger High School are given equal opportunities. The standard of education individual students receive is based on their will to succeed. Unlike many other schools in the area, LHS teachers will not 'give' anyone anything. Loranger's academic platform is built on hard work. Therefore a student simply MUST have a good work ethic to excel. In no way is elitism a part of LHS. Also the administration at Loranger High, is tops. Our principal is very highly educated, and has nothing but our best interest at heart. All of us.

If I had it to all over, my children would not have attended Loranger High School. This school is all fluff and no substance. It's a great school if you want a 'Stepford' child. I want a superior education. Teachers are not allowed to teach. Discipline is enforced according to who you are or the connections a child's parent has.

i am a parent which 2 of my children attended LHS... and i agree with past comments how it all depends on who you are... i was very involved with my children education but 'elite' children were treated different from the rest of the student body... what a shame, since my oldest is very bright and went to a gifted school his junior year and now is doing great in college, my second who had the unforunate of being targeted by the 'elite' group the actions of LHS administration and his peers is still unknown to how it effected him for life... only time will tell...

Loranger is in desprate need of a new principle so that it might see the harm the staff is inflicting on some of the 'lower class' students. If you are not one of the elite, you mean nothing to them. Special treatment is given to atheletes and cheerleaders. What is done for the children that just their struggling to get a education? Nothing!!! They tutor and give bonus work to the althelete but none is provided if your not one.

Last modified Loranger High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.