Posted April 19, 2014
We could not hoped for a better experience for our daughter. Her teacher is the best!! And the principal and the woman in the office are awesome as well. Can't say enough good things about this school. Keep up the good work MES

Posted April 17, 2014
awesome-simply the best. awesome loving teachers. my daughter received a great solid founadation and is now ready for third grade.

Madisonville Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2012
If I had to post something as of last year before the new Principal I would have given this school 5 stars! For my first child it was a wonderful experience for Kindergarten and First grade. However, my second child's Kindergarten teacher yelled a lot and scared many of the children. We had to switch teachers in the middle of the year when the old Principal retired and the new Principal has left a lot to be desired! It is really sad how fast it has gone downhill and how wonderful it was just one year ago. Hopefully this Principal will retire soon!!

Madisonville Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2012
I disagree. My 5 year old son has just started at MES and has only been going to school for 3 whole days and I have already recieved a phone call from his teacher telling me that my son did not respond vocally enough and that she can tell he is the type that "when she says go left, he will always go right". I was very hurt by this comment especially since they have not even given my son a full week to adjust to everything. My son now needs to have an "intervention", to decide what is going to be done next. I told he that he was just simply being shy and adjusting to this new routine and that he hasn't even been given a week and I was told that she has been a teacher long enough to know when the child won't progress. This was a very upsetting start to a new school year to say the least.

Madisonville Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2012
Madisonville Elementary appears to be an average school, facing a lot of budgetary constraints. There are a lot of ways the school staff is having to make-do, rather than being able to provide a quality education to students. As an example, they have moved the first grade (all 11 classes) across the road into trailers and use some of the main campus buildings for administration,etc. The first graders spend a huge amount of time being shuffled back and forth 'across the road' for everything from lunch to recess to music/art/etc. The schedules are disjointed at best, and there are few large blocks of time for teachers to accomplish teaching objectives. The budget does not allow for subs to cover classes during teacher meetings with parents, so volunteer parents are used to cover the gap. Unfortunately there is no background-check of volunteers... The previous principal was wonderful, but she has retired now and the entire tone of the school is different. Apparently, the school was over-run after Katrina, and the admin. hopes that having the new Lancaster Elementary open (gr. 2-5) will ease the pressure so they can improve things. Based on all this, we will be going Private next year.

Madisonville Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2012
This is my child first year at this school and how good it is to see the great reviews I have to beg to differ the principal dosen't seen so heartful actual I dread going in the office b/c I never feel welcomed. Not judging at all just saying based off my several visits. As far as my child's teacher when we had a meeting w/ her in October two months after school started she immediatley criticized his academic level comparing him to other kids that were excelling and was already recommending remedial classes for the next school year, I mean could she have given him a chance first I really hope our experience gets better at this school and that they have patience and push all the potential out of every student instead of giving up when they're not on a fast track to such expectations.

Posted April 27, 2010
My daughter was at MES from K-3 and is now at Madisonville Junior High and excelling. My son is a 1st grader and has been at MES since Pre-K. Pre-K was not a good experience. However, Mrs. Spencer and the staff chose the perfect teacher for him in Kindergarten and suggested that he move to Transitional 1st Grade which was the best thing we ever could have done for him. He is excelling in 1st Grade this year, again placed with a wonderful teacher. He loves this school! So do we! We may not always agree with every decision but, we have the best Principal in the world. This is her school and it runs like a dream! MES has her handprint all over it. How she knows everyone and takes time to work the carline as well is phenomenal! Thanks MES!!!!!!

Posted November 07, 2009
The principal and teachers are truly dedicated women. Parental involvement is also a big part of Madisonville Elementary's success. My children love going to school everyday!

Posted November 07, 2009
This school has an awesome principal and the best teachers! Parents are also involved everyday to make this the best school on the northshore! Working together as a team this group of dedicated people help make this school grow more fantastic every year. My kids love it and miss it when they leave!

Posted September 16, 2009
Awesome faculty and staff. Great education.

Madisonville Elementary School
317 Louisiana 1077, Madisonville, LA  70447
Last modified Madisonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Madisonville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top