Mandeville, LA

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 3

Posted November 04, 2014
I have two children and they both have been at Magolia trace. My oldest is an "A " student so we did not have any issues with him. However, my youngest has struggled with academics and this is again where they have failed to give the help that we desperately need. If you have a cookie cutter kind of kid, you will do just fine- however, if you have a child that needs extra help, you are in deep trouble. It was interesting to read other parents with the same problems as we had. I hope somebody reads this post and tries to do something about it.

Posted September 11, 2014
This is a great school with some of the best teachers we've ever had. The principal Ms. Edwards goes above and beyond our expectations. My son switched to this school from Mandeville Elementary where he had a terrible 1st grade teacher & this school has restored my faith in the public school system.

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
I love this school. We moved mid year and they helped my son so much. my son said if we move he wants to take his school with him.

Posted July 23, 2012
My elder daughter attended MTE kindergarten through 3rd grade, and my younger one will be going to 2nd grade this year. MTE is an outstanding school with a dedicated Principal and excellent teaching staff, and offers students every chance to develop a strong base in academics and extra curricular activities. Over the years, we got to know each of my daughter's teachers and felt that they truly care for the student as a whole, both inside and outside the classroom environment. The PTA is very active and hands-on in organizing events throughout the school year. We are very fortunate to be part of this top notch school district.

Posted May 23, 2012
My son attended this school for 2nd and 3rd grade. You will not find a more structured yet nurturing school then MTE. There are so many extra curricular opportunties, outstanding pull-out programs, and a very strong PTA that adds to the students' educational experiences. Students spend their days with dedicated teachers that truly care about the growth of each child - academically, socially, emotionally, and empathetically. I could not be more pleased with our entire experience at MTE.

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I don't feel that MTE did everything that they could for my child. My child was having a hard time from the very beginning of the school year. I had numerous meetings with my childs teacher and there was never any kind of resolution to the problem. Not until the end of the year did I find out that there were special programs that could have helped my child. The teacher never brought it to my attention. She only told me that there was tutoring but not for his grade level. Apparently there was a program for him, but when I heard about it and talked to her about it, she said that it was too late to enroll my child ; that he wouldn't be able to join until next year. He already failed his grade for the year. I am very disappointed in the 'no child left behind' clause.

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2009
My son has had a wonderful first year at this school in kindergarten and an amazing teacher (Mrs. Duke). I could not have asked for a better experience for my son. He is already adding and subtracting in math and can put words together and read sentences pretty well. This is our first foray into the public school system and I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 31, 2008
My children and I love this school. The teachers are wonderful. There is so much parent involvement. Some volunteer so many hours that they should be on salary. This is what makes this a wonderful learning envirorment. If a child has special needs there is always a place for them whether it be in speech, voyager reading programs, friendship groups,gifted & inclusion classes. There is always a place for every child where they are given the assistance to help them thrive.

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2008
I'm very unhappy with this school. Like one of the other reviewers, they are not very helpful when it comes to trying to get academic help for your child. I personally have been trying all year, jumping through hoops, and here we are at the end of the year and my child still hasn't been helped for academic problems.

Magnolia Trace Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2007
This school appears to be in a state of confusing! I feel that special needs children are not given the needed mainstreaming when they present the least amount of difficulty. there are too many parents in the office runnning the show and having access to confidential information. This has been a difficult school to become a part of - I truly hope they make efforts to become more parent-oriented in terms of valuing the parent's relationship

Magnolia Trace Elementary School
1405 Louisiana 1088, Mandeville, LA  70448
Last modified Magnolia Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Trace Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top