Mandeville Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2011
While my child's classroom teacher was very good, I found that my child tended to get lost in her class. When my 5 year old had an accident after telling her teacher she needed the restroom and not being heard, they did not call me to bring her new clothes but told her she would dry. Also, on more than one occasion my child was bullied (by mire than one child on more than one occasion) and nothing was done though it was brought to the school's attention by both my child and myself. I finally achieved a response after the last incident when I told the VP that I would go to the school board if action wasn't taken. This seemed to garner a response from the Principal, but it should never have gotten that far.

Posted February 23, 2011
LOVE MES! We had trouble in the past at a private school on the Southshore (KF) because their curriculum was not challenging my son, who would become bored, and then distracted, and then... he'd end up in trouble. When I suggested they supplement their curriculum to help keep his interest, they balked. In fact, they suggested I get him evaluated for ADD and medicate him. He was 5! I was SO not ready for that because, at 5, he could not sit still for 45 minutes at a time. I cannot sit still for 45 minutes at a time, and I am an adult! I took a chance, and decided upon MES. It was the best decision ever! My son tested into gifted and the gifted teacher there truly understands the needs of my son. Not surprisingly, he's not the kid who ll dutifully sit there and just take it all in. But the teacher teaches him to focus and use self-control, and I see a vast improvement. In fact, everyone is so willing to help when they can. If you have a child who does not fit the typical mold, this is a school that takes the time to give each child the attention they deserve. I fell like my son attends a private school... it is THAT good! I could not recommend MES highly enough!!!

Mandeville Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2010
This school is just average in my opinion. I moved here from Destrehan and thought this school would blow them away. I am not impresssed. Not everyone, but there is a large amount of stuck up people at this school. They drop the ball in alot of areas here. The principal is very nice and seems to know everyone by name though.

Posted January 22, 2010
MES continues to impress. The principal is an amazing leader who puts in long hours and really cares about the students. She is a great combination of smart, compassionate and efficient. I will miss this school so much when my child graduates this year!!! It feels like we are leaving a very loving family. Can't say enough about how much I love this school!

Posted January 20, 2010
I love and miss this school dearly ! my son who has ADHD- PDD was transfered to Mandeville Elem in 1st grade because they offered a speical program to fit his needs and what a great program they have there!!!!!!!!!!- my son was in both special ed classes and regualr ed classes by 3rd grade(2008-2009) he didnt even go to his special ed class( only if he had a bad day). this school will make you feel that you are leaving your child with a family member daily ! they loved my son and my son loved everyone there! great teachers great principle - great education ! We love MES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandeville Elementary School 0

Posted January 03, 2008
I have been very impressed with this school. The new principal this year has made many changes..for the better! I also love the teachers...they are truely there to help your child not only learn but succeed when the move on the middles school. Both of my children enjoy school and that as a parent makes me happy! I have been extreemly impressed with the curriculum and high standards the teachers seem to set for the students. I love the Postive Behavior Support System and believe that it will not only help them in school but in life down the road! MES has a wonderful PTA and it is a great way to get involved and join in the success of your student.

Posted August 21, 2007
M.E.S. is a wonderful school. We moved from a private school and I was shocked at how far behind my child was. We had 2 children there who recieved excellent educations! Thank You M.E.S.

Mandeville Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2007
Overrated! Mandeville is a bad school but it isn't all that good either. 2 of my children when there and the teachers weren't very involved. Of course the schools on the North Shore rate better than the schools on the South Shore but Mandeville E. is only slightly better than many Public school on South Shore and can't compete against a good private school. People keep looking at the test score as if that is the only way to rate a school. I would hunt for a better school.

Posted March 28, 2007
We moved here last summer from Texas and I have to say that MES is an outstanding school. I have been VERY impressed by the leadership from the principal and assistant principal, the knowledge and above-and-beyond belief I have seen in the teachers, and the parental support from so many parents. The PTA gets parents involved and offers programs that really help parents feel right at home in their childs school. With so many wonderful programs and opportunities for your child I find this school to be a 5 star school! If you are moving into the area and want a school that is caring, exciting and an environment where your child can succeed then this is the place for you! Stacey

Posted February 20, 2007
My son went to this school and now my daughter is in kindergarten. I am very involved with PTA. I think this is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone coming into Mandeville and moving into this school district. They have a wonderful gifted program. They also have music, art, and many other extra Curriculum activities. They have family nights. The school and the PTA both have websites, so you can find out information easily. The PTA will send out email updates. The scores for the school are great. I give it 5 STARS!!!

Mandeville Elementary School
519 Massena Street, Mandeville, LA  70448
Last modified Mandeville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mandeville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top