Bad
Good

There are so many good things to say about this school! But I will just be repeating all the other post. Amazing staff and teachers, it's such a warm and loving environment.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school is above average for this area. Most teachers work hard preparing for classes. However, we felt that 5th grade math instruction was lacking. We had to re-teach each evening. Teachers and one administrator seem to jump to conclusions before checking individual situations. Volunteer in this school and your child will be treated special. Overall, a safe place, but not overly impressed.

This is our first year at Lake Harbor. What an amazing school Lake Harbor has been this year!! I am honored to say my girls attend it one is in 4th grade & one is in 5th grade. I am so pleased with my girls academic & social growth this year. I have never met a more compassionate staff!! I feel completely blessed with the opportunity given to us to attend Lake Harbor. My girls leave and come home every day with a smile on their face.

Lake Harbor has been a wonderful school. My son is now in the 6 th grade. We have been so pleased with his teachers. They have all taken the time to really get to know him. They are more than willing to help in anyway possible even if it means staying late or missing their break time to help them better understand a subject. The Principal is very friendly, caring, and accommodating. I love this school and would not choose any other middle school for my kids.

Both of my boys thrived and excelled at Lake Harbor. We have moved on to junior high and will miss the great teacers and faculty.

After moving from another state, both of my boys have attended this school and both said, after their first few days attending, that this was the best school they ever went to. The principal and teachers are all very caring and make each child feel special. I have witnessed this first-hand and am pleased to say I did a lot of research on the schools before moving to Mandeville and I am very satisfied with the results. Lake Harbor is a wonderful school that gives the students respect, great education and treats them like young adults which they truly thrive on, and every child is polite and kind to one another. This is truly an amazing, great school!

Check out the test scores! This is an excellent school and the kids love it too!

I believe the previous 'A list', 'Tennis Moms' comments to be unwarranted in regards to the education provided at Lake Harbor. My child's teacher took the time to call me on her first day to discuss how I felt her first day went & what she might specifically need during her fourth grade year. She has always answered any questions I have had & my daughter has absolutely blossomed this year. I know this is because of her teacher & LHMS. I also have to take into account that we moved from Tangipahoa Parish where, on several occasions, I walked down the halls & witnessed teachers openly yelling & degrading students. If that's the type of discipline you are looking for, then by all means, move to Ponchatoula, Hammond, or Amite, but our family has definitely found the best school system for us!

I have to disagree with the parents who state that the principals look down on you if you raise a complaint. My child is in her third year at Lake Harbor and has thrived here. Last year, the fit between she and her teacher was wrong. I spoke to the principal, had her moved to another class, and she had an awesome year. This year she was struggling in math. I talked to her teacher, the teacher went out of her way to talk to my child and encourage her, and everything seems to be back on track. No school is perfect, and every child has his/her own set of challenges. I have always found the staff at Lake Harbor to be very willing to help. My child is one who fits 'outside the box' and our experience here has been wonderful.

Last modified Lake Harbor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.