Marrero, LA

Posted November 03, 2013
Attending Shaw was an awesome experience for me. I graduated over 6 years ago but I find that I think about it almost every day and how much of a great place it was/is. Contrary to what some believe, it is not a jock school. I wasn't involved in athletics, but I was respected as much as any other student. I have friendships to this day which began at Archbishop Shaw. I am in law school now and proudly wear my Shaw necktie on a regular basis. I have a daughter, but if I ever have sons, I'm going to highly encourage them to consider Shaw.

Posted March 25, 2013
I am going here on sports scholarships, how is the school, and i want to hear from students. I see many mixed feelings here. Gotta be better than Jeff or Cox..............

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School 1

Posted June 19, 2011
As a student at shaw for the 2010-2011 school year it was the worst school that I had ever been to most teachers have favorites and the students are ignorant and disrespectful towards each other. This school needs more rules and more respect for their fellow class mates and teachers.

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School 4

Posted May 22, 2011
Are you still teaching at Archbishop Shaw??? I'm appalled at this type of remark. What are you doing about it, if you are a teacher?

Posted November 15, 2010
The students and faculty take pride in everything that they do. Students are encouraged to do their best! A valuable lesson that is taught at the school is respect for all. I encourage you to look into the educational benefits of this school for your son.

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School 1

Posted May 17, 2010
As an alumni and teacher, I am appalled at what this school has become. Teachers are forced to change grades to pass students, and student drug abuse gets ignored on a daily basis. In addition, the disciplinary attitudes of the administration are outrageous. Please save your son, and keep him far away.

Posted October 14, 2009
This school is amazing. I want everyone to send their child here.

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School 0

Posted September 26, 2009
I am somewhat disappointed in Shaw because it is geared towards sports and alumni only. The teachers are inconsistent and never on thesame page. The school does have drugs, because there was just an incident that the parents were not informed of. My son is asking to be transfered and I think I am going to do just that.

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I am a parent of a student at Shaw. We are very pleased with the school. This is my son second year there and he loves it. I can not agree with the reviews that were previously written because I have never had a problem here.The teachers are great . If you email them with any problen they quickly respond and handle the problem. The comments about hte school being full of drugs and tash, that is defintinly NOT true. The principal at Shaw does not tolerate anything like that at the school. Shaw Is a very competivie school when it comes to sports, but what school isn't, they're no different from any other high school. My son and I love the school and it's wonderful with the academic componet. If you want a nice, respectful son, Archbishiop Shaw is the place to send them.

Posted September 16, 2009
Archbishop is one of the top all male catholic high schools in the New Orleans metro area. Many local and state leaders have graduated from Shaw. It has a caring staff and dedicated educators.

Archbishop Shaw Junior High School
1000 Barataria Boulevard, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Archbishop Shaw Junior High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-9
Archbishop Shaw Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top