Marrero, LA

Ellender Middle School 3

Posted September 12, 2014
The teachers here that my children have had are great. However I can not say the same for the office staff. They are rude and never speak! You walk in the office and they don't acknowledge you! They sit at their desks and rarely move to assist you. It's like you're inconveniencing them, like it's not their job to assist you. The principal is the same. Rude, walks right past you and never speaks. If it weren't for the good teachers I've encountered the school would receive 1 star from me the 2 ladies that work in the office as well as the principal need training in office etiquette, customer service, and respect!

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is good school. The teachers help the student be successful. My boys love there school. I always am able to visit and check on my kids they make me feel welcome. This is one of the best school in Jefferson parish second to none.

Ellender Middle School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
This year the school became K-8th grade. The only good thing about the school is that the students are well separated. The school is a train wreck. The Principal & Asst. principal do not get along. One wants it ran like an elem. school and the other a middle school. The discipline is NOT there - the students do what they want and only get a slap on the wrist. - The reason why is because they dont want to suspend anyone because there scores will go down. - It really is ashame. This school has also had alot of problems with teachers leaving. They should have 3 - 3rd classes but since a teacher quit and they never bothered to fill the teachers job- the class was split and put in the other classes. So now the class room are packed. - Teachers are leaving for long periods of time(to have babies) and the school won't keep a long time substitute. So they kids are losing out on learning. Children in special ed should not be at this school. They do not have adaptive PE and the teachers that are there for special ed classes are often pulled to cover other classes when teachers don't show up. Then they kids in inclusion classes are left without a teacher or para. - I pulled my kids out!

Ellender Middle School 3

Posted May 20, 2011
The truth about this school is that it was HORRIBLE!!!! I was an honors student was was not that bad but those teacher did not really care that much about my well being and the students are so stupid at times. I wanted to be in Ellender's band, but when I got to the school in 2006, I found myself having to take P.E. classes because the band teacher left and they canceled it. One of the ONLY good things about this school is that the P.E. teaches were so cool with the students and we learned about different sports as well as played them. I liked P.E. a lot, but I wanted band! Ugh!!!!!

Ellender Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It is a great neighborhood school with a teaching staff that truly cares about the education of the students.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the spirit of the school. The students here are fun and imaginative. They enjoy learning and being engaged.

Ellender Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers at Ellender Middle School care for the students as if they were their very own.

Ellender Middle School 4

Posted April 21, 2009

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted September 23, 2008
Im a student at Ellender. i love it so much. the staff is so nice

Ellender Middle School
4501 East Ames Boulevard, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Ellender Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellender Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top