Marrero, LA
Students enrolled: 1,104

Posted August 06, 2010
This is the best school my child has ever went to I highly recommend this school for any child

Posted May 27, 2009
Estell Elementary is one of the best schools my son attended for the whole 6 years.

Posted September 13, 2007
I believe the Principal is an excellent leader! She seems to care about the kids. This is my daughter and nieces second year at Estelle. My nieces went to C.T. Janet before attending Estelle and the experience was horrible! I love that the Principal and Teachers at Estelle encourages parental involvement. At C.T. Janet you had to make an appointment and be 'picked' to go on field trips with your child. You could not just volunteer. The transition was easy and I am so happy that we changed to Estelle. I only wish they has more extracurricular activites for grades other than fourth and fifth.

Posted August 30, 2007
This is my daughter second year here at Estelle. I have worked with the teachers as well as my child who has ADHD and I enjoy haveing the same teacher as she did last year. We had to adjust since Katrina. It was hard but with the Estelle's help and the faculty's help we were blessed, now my child is sucessful.

Estelle Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2007
This is an excellent public school. The principal is caring and the special education program is good. The GIfted program is wonderful!

Estelle Elementary School 2

Posted March 07, 2007
Estelle Elementary was wonderful prior to 2005. Since that time the school seem to suffer from the lost of two very good assistant principals, who seemed to care more about the students than the principal does. Estelle does a wonderful job with the Special Needs students, but the faculty and staff seem to take the regular education students for granted, which is unfortunate. All students deserve to be treated with love and respect. Also, Estelle has an unusually low number of non-white student in its GEMS program. Often times, the parents of Non-white students are not even aware this program exist for those student who display exceptional academic ability. Estelle use to be a great school, but not any longer.

Posted March 01, 2007
I am the parent of a child who is at Estelle now and the parent of another who came from Estelle. I can't complain about anything. Both my children were in Special Ed. I really feel that if it were not for the teacher they had they would not be what they are today. My daughter has moved out of special ed and is in all regular ed classes and is doing fine. My son is currently at Estelle and is doing well both had the same teacher, I feel that they need to learn at a slowere pace and on different levels and I can say that Estelle was able to provide them with what they needed. Parents are always welcome to Estelle and are always welcome to help in their child's class, I know my son benefits from having his parent at school helping out. I have all praises.

Posted February 28, 2007
My son started the year in another Jefferson Parish school where they were not helpful. I moved him to Estelle where they have bent over backwards to help him. His teacher, Miss Tiffany, has worked with us to make sure our child is successful in school and finds a love for school. Everyday he wakes up happy and ready to attend school. I believe this is essential to be becoming a life long learner. We are happy with our move to Estelle and feel he will get the all around academics and caring from the teachers that a child needs to be successful.

Estelle Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2007
Please do not make a lump assessment of Estelle by your experience with one teacher. I have been an Estelle parent for eight years now. In my experience the teachers do have their priorities straight, it's the parents who don't.

Estelle Elementary School 1

Posted February 21, 2007
Both of my children are going to a different school now and my opinion of Estelle is not good. Teachers@Estelle act like they have no time to make a difference. I say get your priorities straight.

Estelle Elementary School
2800 Barataria Boulevard, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Estelle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Estelle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top