Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted May 12, 2014

Both my daughter 4th grade and son 2nd grade go there and have since Kindergarden. We have been so happy with their teachers and staff and our children have really benefited from their efforts. We feel blessed to have been in the district. I wish I could take them all the way through school with the staff there. This is one gem in the area. Its a shame not all of the schools could be as good.

Posted April 30, 2013

The office staff at this school is so unprofessional!!! They are plan out rude to parents and students. I have even over heard them talking about students in a negative way while waiting on my son to come to the office. The prinipal doesn't care because they are all friends and they all hang out and are facebook buddies. She won't fire them or report them. To make this school better the 1st thing they need to do is get rid of the terrible office staff that they have- all they do is gossip. When children come down to the office they treat them as if they are a bother. Jefferson parish needs to hold them to some type of standard. The school also frowns at parental involvement and they make up there own rules. Be prepared if you go into the office - the female in the 1st desk will roll her eyes at you. - She has a MAJOR problem. She acts like she doesnt like her job and makes sure everyone knows it. Its sad they 1st person you encounter is the worst. I'm so thankful my son got accepted into another school and will not be returning. The only reason they LEAP scores have gone up is because they were redistricted to receive they best zones and then LEAP is all they learn.

Posted August 21, 2012

Completely unhelpful staff who cares more about the party line than helping even the youngest of their students. Scares a 6 year old with uncertainty about how to get to school and makes major changes on a Tuesday without contacting the parents or giving the opportunity to wait till Friday to sort things out.

Posted June 23, 2012

I had 2 children that attended Janet this year. I am very happy that they will not be returning the school was not helpful, the staff is aweful, my daughters teacher was rude and angry, my sons teacher was wonderful, however. They never gave my children the eduation they deserve and made false complaints to Child Protection on us four times. I am so glad that I am sending them this year to a private school. I would never recommend Janet to anyone. Word of advice take your child out now they will be much better off.

Posted November 3, 2011

C.T. Janet was wonderful for my children. I feel they received a high quality education. The teachers and staff are great!

Posted October 29, 2011

Oct -2011 Janet is terrible. The staff is ride & my child is being put in a class with a bunch of children that appear to be learning on a lower level.- Because of the re-districting my daughter was taken from a wonderful school with an advanced program/honors classes - (GEMS program Estelle) - she is now stuck at this school - and the classes aren't even leveled! The basically just stick 20 to 30 random kids in a class and teach --- It s not working the smart kids are bored. It sad! This is her second year @ this school only, because I can not afford to put her in a private school. She has NOT had any real school projects to do. What they call school projects are a real joke! Where are the social studies and science fairs? Parents don't be fooled by the re-districting and the boost in test scores - THE SCHOOL GOT VERY LUCKY PICKING UP BETTER NEIGHBORHOODS which equals -A FEW BETTER KIDS! And they drill LEAP in their heads all year long -THAT IS ALL! The test scores still aren't that great. If you have the choice I would advise you to send your child somewhere else. - If I had a way to pay for it I would!!!

Posted June 24, 2011

I believe that the staff is rude and unprofessional. The principal referred to my children as undisciplined kids and have been suspended from school for not waking up during nap time, sitting at their desk while other were in the reading circle, and not participating in class. I believe that they are other ways to disciple children besides suspension. I was called by one of the secretaries to come pick up my sick child from school. When I answered the phone she said, um, you need to come pick up your child. She did not identity herself, the school, or explained to me what was going on. I know he was fine when I dropped him off.

Posted March 19, 2009

I have a child that attends this school and I think that the teachers are excellent and the administration does a great job!

Posted February 26, 2009

I would rate them, but you do not have a negative 0 option. This school has the most unprofessional, rudest, and unhappy staff in the parish. I cannot understand how they consider themselves better than other schools, when parents constantly complain to the principals, who are setting the examples for the low standards of the staff. When is someone going to hold them to the standards they want parents and students to display? And, I have never been to a school where they discourage parental involvement and make their own policies and rules on a daily basis. They need to change their staff development to personality development, beginning with how to respect the students and parents.

Posted December 29, 2008

This school is not a warm welcoming environment. My son attended Estelle Elementary for 3years and loved school. Now he comes home saying that he's bored. It takes him 5minutes to do math homework without help. Parental involvement is horrible because parents are not encouraged or invited to be involved. If it were not for the re-districting my son would not be at this school. In search of a private school that will challenge my son and welcome parents.

Posted September 22, 2008

I've had two children attend Janet. My oldest is fortunate to be in the Magnet school, but our youngest has been redistricted to a new school that pales in comparison. I will say that I found Janet much better for our youngest.The older is extremely advanced and I found the environment not conducive to challenging him and giving him what he needed to thrive. Our youngest was an honor student and for her, it was wonderful. Both children had Mrs. Friewald for 'K', a wonderful teacher. Rest assured that all of the 'K' classes did real work as I volunteered in them. Our other favorite teacher was Mrs. Roussel, who helped both of my children blossom in 2nd. The principal lacks leadership and a backbone for dealing with problem children and parents. Laxidasical discipline, especially when it comes bullying! Seems to knit pick the small stuff while not addressing larger issues.

Posted July 28, 2008

My son transferred from Janet to Estelle mid year because I didn t feel that he was learning what was needed. The parental involvement at Estelle V s Janet is such at better experience. At Janet you have to be select to go on field trips with your child. At Estelle they encourage parents to be involved. They feel the more parents the better. The parents are always welcome at Estelle but at Janet they make parents feel like they are not welcome. Estelle has a parenting center were parents and even younger non school age siblings are welcome. At Janet there is no parenting center and younger are not allowed at most events. I m not trying to brag but my son is very intelligent and Janet has all of there students together. Janet does not put there children in classroom learning levels and it was holding my son back because he was ready to move on to something else but being that half the class didn t understand he had to wait At Estelle he is group with the children that are on his learning level. Janet was just holding him back. I wouldn t recommend this school. He is going into 2nd grade and I m very happy with my decision to leave.

Posted January 12, 2008

I think this school has lost something over the last year or so. They lost most, if not all, of the fifth grade teachers last year. The office staff has been very helpful and care for the students allot.

Posted August 28, 2007

This school is probably the best elementary school in Jefferson Parish. I was a student there. I would just like to tell parents that it is a great school to grow your young children into a great academic student. Hey, look at me, I went there as an average kid, and came back as an over achieved scholar. So, if I were you, I'd send your kid there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 21, 2007

My child has gone to Janet for the past four years. It is a wonderful school; the staff always does their best to help with qeustions etc. My son has really grown from this experience and loves his teachers.

Posted July 8, 2006

I have one child that attended C.T. Janet for school year 05-06. I was very impressed by the outcome of her performance. Homework everyday, her reading skills increased tremendously, she knows addition, subtraction, and some multiplication, she learned songs in sign language, and the teachers were very helpful. My daughter was in kindergarten and she will be returning next year for first grade.

Posted June 17, 2006

I have 2 children that went to Janet during the 05-06 school year. They will not be returning. The classrooms are a joke. They aren t being taught on there grade levels. The staff at Janet is very unprofessional.

Posted May 21, 2006

My child has attended Janet for 2 yrs. The staff there are rude and unprofessional. My child has had problems ever since day one. Need less to say he will no longer attend Janet for 06-07 school year.

Posted July 29, 2005

I had 4 kids attending C.T. Janet during the 2004-2005 school year, I was not satisfied with the leadership of the school. Most teachers at the school seem to do a great job, however, the leadership is poor. The principal has been there a few years and has managed to disconnect herself from the parents and the students.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 68% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 65% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP) to assess students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 7 in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. The iLEAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana.

In preparation for new assessments in 2014-15, Louisiana is including more common core aligned content in LEAP and iLEAP tests in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. The percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 66% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 67% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 70% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program for the 21st Century (LEAP 21) to assess students in grades 4 and 8 in math, English language arts, science and social studies. The LEAP 21 is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 77%N/A67%

• Karen R Doyle
Fax number
  • (504) 341-0548

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2500 Bent Tree Boulevard