Bad
Good

Posted May 12, 2014
Both my daughter 4th grade and son 2nd grade go there and have since Kindergarden. We have been so happy with their teachers and staff and our children have really benefited from their efforts. We feel blessed to have been in the district. I wish I could take them all the way through school with the staff there. This is one gem in the area. Its a shame not all of the schools could be as good.

Posted April 30, 2013
The office staff at this school is so unprofessional!!! They are plan out rude to parents and students. I have even over heard them talking about students in a negative way while waiting on my son to come to the office. The prinipal doesn't care because they are all friends and they all hang out and are facebook buddies. She won't fire them or report them. To make this school better the 1st thing they need to do is get rid of the terrible office staff that they have- all they do is gossip. When children come down to the office they treat them as if they are a bother. Jefferson parish needs to hold them to some type of standard. The school also frowns at parental involvement and they make up there own rules. Be prepared if you go into the office - the female in the 1st desk will roll her eyes at you. - She has a MAJOR problem. She acts like she doesnt like her job and makes sure everyone knows it. Its sad they 1st person you encounter is the worst. I'm so thankful my son got accepted into another school and will not be returning. The only reason they LEAP scores have gone up is because they were redistricted to receive they best zones and then LEAP is all they learn.

Posted August 21, 2012
Completely unhelpful staff who cares more about the party line than helping even the youngest of their students. Scares a 6 year old with uncertainty about how to get to school and makes major changes on a Tuesday without contacting the parents or giving the opportunity to wait till Friday to sort things out.

Posted June 23, 2012
I had 2 children that attended Janet this year. I am very happy that they will not be returning the school was not helpful, the staff is aweful, my daughters teacher was rude and angry, my sons teacher was wonderful, however. They never gave my children the eduation they deserve and made false complaints to Child Protection on us four times. I am so glad that I am sending them this year to a private school. I would never recommend Janet to anyone. Word of advice take your child out now they will be much better off.

Posted November 03, 2011
C.T. Janet was wonderful for my children. I feel they received a high quality education. The teachers and staff are great!

Posted October 29, 2011
Oct -2011 Janet is terrible. The staff is ride & my child is being put in a class with a bunch of children that appear to be learning on a lower level.- Because of the re-districting my daughter was taken from a wonderful school with an advanced program/honors classes - (GEMS program Estelle) - she is now stuck at this school - and the classes aren't even leveled! The basically just stick 20 to 30 random kids in a class and teach --- It s not working the smart kids are bored. It sad! This is her second year @ this school only, because I can not afford to put her in a private school. She has NOT had any real school projects to do. What they call school projects are a real joke! Where are the social studies and science fairs? Parents don't be fooled by the re-districting and the boost in test scores - THE SCHOOL GOT VERY LUCKY PICKING UP BETTER NEIGHBORHOODS which equals -A FEW BETTER KIDS! And they drill LEAP in their heads all year long -THAT IS ALL! The test scores still aren't that great. If you have the choice I would advise you to send your child somewhere else. - If I had a way to pay for it I would!!!

Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary School 3

Posted June 24, 2011
I believe that the staff is rude and unprofessional. The principal referred to my children as undisciplined kids and have been suspended from school for not waking up during nap time, sitting at their desk while other were in the reading circle, and not participating in class. I believe that they are other ways to disciple children besides suspension. I was called by one of the secretaries to come pick up my sick child from school. When I answered the phone she said, um, you need to come pick up your child. She did not identity herself, the school, or explained to me what was going on. I know he was fine when I dropped him off.

Posted March 19, 2009
I have a child that attends this school and I think that the teachers are excellent and the administration does a great job!

Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary School

Posted February 26, 2009
I would rate them, but you do not have a negative 0 option. This school has the most unprofessional, rudest, and unhappy staff in the parish. I cannot understand how they consider themselves better than other schools, when parents constantly complain to the principals, who are setting the examples for the low standards of the staff. When is someone going to hold them to the standards they want parents and students to display? And, I have never been to a school where they discourage parental involvement and make their own policies and rules on a daily basis. They need to change their staff development to personality development, beginning with how to respect the students and parents.

Posted December 29, 2008
This school is not a warm welcoming environment. My son attended Estelle Elementary for 3years and loved school. Now he comes home saying that he's bored. It takes him 5minutes to do math homework without help. Parental involvement is horrible because parents are not encouraged or invited to be involved. If it were not for the re-districting my son would not be at this school. In search of a private school that will challenge my son and welcome parents.

Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary School
2500 Bent Tree Boulevard, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.