PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have two students currently at ICS. One is in first grade and the other in third, and this is our fourth year as part of the ICS family. I've been very pleased with this school on all fronts; the academics are first class, family support is outstanding, and perhaps most importantly, they believe in high standards in a loving, diverse and supportive environment. The kids are happy and engaged every day, and complain when I pick them up that they do not want to leave. There is low teacher turnover, and the administration is accessible and very in touch with each student as an individual, never a "number". I can't recommend this school enough, and am proud to be an ICS mom.

I.C.S. Is my second home I have gone there since I was 4. The education is awesome. The school food is manageable. We have a council who is always here for you. We have a school nurse how is also here for you and she helps with the kids with diabetes and she is really a nice lady. The princable is a nice lady and wakes everyone up in the morning with a nice greeting when you get to school! You should send you child here parents this is a awesome school. P.S. Only kindergarten and lower get to take naps and we all get out around 2:45 -2:55

Both my daughters went to ICS from pre-k3 to 8 grade. They were both participants in Duke University's talent identify program during their 7 grade. My older daughter graduated in 2012, currently is attending Louisiana School for Math Science and Arts high school, and Tulane , Stanford,, and several other quality collages are trying to recruit her even though she is only in 10th grade. The younger daughter graduated in 2013, she is attending St. Mary Dominican hight school, & she is also thinking of apply LSMSA high school. I am grateful for the education my girls have received from ICS.

I attended ICS for 8 years. I was bullied relentlessly by both students, teachers, the administration, and even the nuns. Academically, this school is inadequate. The lessons are repetitious, not engaging, and lack critical thinking. A typical lesson consists of the students copying the teacher's notes while she reads them aloud to the class. I hated attending school until the year I was transferred to a new school where I could thrive academically and socially.

My family is a part of ICS in Marrero . My son has been there since Pre-K 4 & he's currently in the 4th grade. I am very satisfied with the family environment provided at ICS. I'm so thankful for a safe , family oriented school & the great educational experience my son is receiving. Signed Satisfied Parents

My children have been in this school going on 4 years. My son is ADHD and has remained on Beta honor roll, the school has been incredible! It feels like a family, everyone knows everyone and the faculty and staff really do care about the children. My kids are getting a wonderful education. It is a catholic school and tuition for two children is about $7300, but completely worth it. There is also a program there for children that have trouble reading, my son also was in this program and within months he was reading chapter books by himself. The public schools in this area are terrible, another catholic school that is terrible is Visitation of Our Lady, my son was actually slapped in the face by an assitant and the principal would not do anything, at the time he was 3 and had a speech delay and I was told who is going to believe a 3 year old! I wish we would have started at Immaculate Conception from the beginning, it is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it.

I have been in the community for years and my family has been apart of ICS for years. I have never heard anything bad about the teachers nor have I experienced anything bad with the teachers, but the administration for the school is disgusting to say the least. The worst is one is the VICE PRINCIPLE FOR THE PRIMARY GRADES.She can ACTvery sweet and pleasent but I have found her several times to be very DISRESPECTFUL and extremely ugly to the parents.I DONT SEE HOW SHE HASNT BEEN REMOVED FROM HER POSITION BECAUSE SHE IS REALLY BRINGING MORALE DOWN.

If money is no object for you then this is the PERFECT school. My children are receiving an awesome education. The teachers thus far have been wonderful. The assistant principal is a beautiful person and I know she truly cares about my children. The principal, however, could brush up on her "people skills". I believe there has to be serious parent involvement because the amount of homework is outrageous. Sadly, my children will not be able to continue their elementary education with ICS because the cost has gone up EVERY year that we have been there (K-5)... our quality of life is suffering because of this. Meaning it is becoming more than challenging to provide the necessities (electricity, groceries, etc...). So for an involved parent who can afford this school and wants their child to have an A plus education this is a great school.

(cont) Also I wanted to comment about the adminstration in reference to student needs. I personally believe that we as parents have the ultimate responsiblity to address our childrens needs. And it is our responsibility to vocalize these needs to the adults that our children interact with on a daily basis-their teachers. If your child needs something, you get it for them, if my child has a problem at school you better believe I am circling the block and being private eye to investigate whats really going on! Thats why schools have PTAs, because the adminstration is running a school, not a child care center. It is up to us as parents to ensure our children's needs are being met.

I just read the post from June 15, 2009. I'm sorry I could beg to differ. This school is awesome. My daughters (3) have been there for some time now and they have always gone above and beyond. As for the adults getting on the kids level, maybe it s your kid trying to get on an adults level (no disrespect intended). I have seen a lot of spoiled little kids how have no home discipline become outraged that someone outside of mommy and daddy is finally correcting them. My kids have attended Arden Cahill and ICS and I promise there is no competition. If you want your kid to learn a foreign language before they can speak English correctly, or learn how to ride a horse before they can walk a dog the Cahill is the right place. If you want a solid education without prejudice, ICS is the choice.

Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8