Marrero, LA

Posted September 10, 2014
I.C.S. Is my second home I have gone there since I was 4. The education is awesome. The school food is manageable. We have a council who is always here for you. We have a school nurse how is also here for you and she helps with the kids with diabetes and she is really a nice lady. The princable is a nice lady and wakes everyone up in the morning with a nice greeting when you get to school! You should send you child here parents this is a awesome school. P.S. Only kindergarten and lower get to take naps and we all get out around 2:45 -2:55

Posted February 06, 2014
Both my daughters went to ICS from pre-k3 to 8 grade. They were both participants in Duke University's talent identify program during their 7 grade. My older daughter graduated in 2012, currently is attending Louisiana School for Math Science and Arts high school, and Tulane , Stanford,, and several other quality collages are trying to recruit her even though she is only in 10th grade. The younger daughter graduated in 2013, she is attending St. Mary Dominican hight school, & she is also thinking of apply LSMSA high school. I am grateful for the education my girls have received from ICS.

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted June 14, 2013
I attended ICS for 8 years. I was bullied relentlessly by both students, teachers, the administration, and even the nuns. Academically, this school is inadequate. The lessons are repetitious, not engaging, and lack critical thinking. A typical lesson consists of the students copying the teacher's notes while she reads them aloud to the class. I hated attending school until the year I was transferred to a new school where I could thrive academically and socially.

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted April 12, 2013
My family is a part of ICS in Marrero . My son has been there since Pre-K 4 & he's currently in the 4th grade. I am very satisfied with the family environment provided at ICS. I'm so thankful for a safe , family oriented school & the great educational experience my son is receiving. Signed Satisfied Parents

Posted March 25, 2013
My children have been in this school going on 4 years. My son is ADHD and has remained on Beta honor roll, the school has been incredible! It feels like a family, everyone knows everyone and the faculty and staff really do care about the children. My kids are getting a wonderful education. It is a catholic school and tuition for two children is about $7300, but completely worth it. There is also a program there for children that have trouble reading, my son also was in this program and within months he was reading chapter books by himself. The public schools in this area are terrible, another catholic school that is terrible is Visitation of Our Lady, my son was actually slapped in the face by an assitant and the principal would not do anything, at the time he was 3 and had a speech delay and I was told who is going to believe a 3 year old! I wish we would have started at Immaculate Conception from the beginning, it is a wonderful school and I would highly recommend it.

Immaculate Conception School 1

Posted September 30, 2011
I have been in the community for years and my family has been apart of ICS for years. I have never heard anything bad about the teachers nor have I experienced anything bad with the teachers, but the administration for the school is disgusting to say the least. The worst is one is the VICE PRINCIPLE FOR THE PRIMARY GRADES.She can ACTvery sweet and pleasent but I have found her several times to be very DISRESPECTFUL and extremely ugly to the parents.I DONT SEE HOW SHE HASNT BEEN REMOVED FROM HER POSITION BECAUSE SHE IS REALLY BRINGING MORALE DOWN.

Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted July 06, 2010
If money is no object for you then this is the PERFECT school. My children are receiving an awesome education. The teachers thus far have been wonderful. The assistant principal is a beautiful person and I know she truly cares about my children. The principal, however, could brush up on her "people skills". I believe there has to be serious parent involvement because the amount of homework is outrageous. Sadly, my children will not be able to continue their elementary education with ICS because the cost has gone up EVERY year that we have been there (K-5)... our quality of life is suffering because of this. Meaning it is becoming more than challenging to provide the necessities (electricity, groceries, etc...). So for an involved parent who can afford this school and wants their child to have an A plus education this is a great school.

Immaculate Conception School 0

Posted March 05, 2010
(cont) Also I wanted to comment about the adminstration in reference to student needs. I personally believe that we as parents have the ultimate responsiblity to address our childrens needs. And it is our responsibility to vocalize these needs to the adults that our children interact with on a daily basis-their teachers. If your child needs something, you get it for them, if my child has a problem at school you better believe I am circling the block and being private eye to investigate whats really going on! Thats why schools have PTAs, because the adminstration is running a school, not a child care center. It is up to us as parents to ensure our children's needs are being met.

Posted January 11, 2010
I just read the post from June 15, 2009. I'm sorry I could beg to differ. This school is awesome. My daughters (3) have been there for some time now and they have always gone above and beyond. As for the adults getting on the kids level, maybe it s your kid trying to get on an adults level (no disrespect intended). I have seen a lot of spoiled little kids how have no home discipline become outraged that someone outside of mommy and daddy is finally correcting them. My kids have attended Arden Cahill and ICS and I promise there is no competition. If you want your kid to learn a foreign language before they can speak English correctly, or learn how to ride a horse before they can walk a dog the Cahill is the right place. If you want a solid education without prejudice, ICS is the choice.

Immaculate Conception School 3

Posted June 15, 2009
When i registered my daughter into this school i was looking for a place with structure and was hoping that my daught er would be able to be herself in an enviroment that she could learn. Some things she learned others she had a hard time but there was no concern or help if she fell behind. The younger teachers often got on the level with the children when handling disciplinary situationa and the administration stood by their side. Parents do not have a say at that school if the child can not keep up with the class. Too much money spent and not enough patience with slower learners. TUTORING IS A JOKE!

Immaculate Conception School
601 Ave C, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top