Marrero, LA

Posted April 29, 2013
Visitation is a wonderful school. They are very organized and help keep parents very involved in all thats going on. I love every teacher my daughter has had. She has attended VOL since kindergarten and is almost finished 3rd grade. The teachers notice and encourage there strengths and talents and help them continue to grow. I am very happy I decided to let my child go there and have been impressed ever since.

Posted November 14, 2012
Visitation is a great school. The teachers are caring and the principal keeps you informed of the upcoming important dates. All the homework is found on the visitation website. I heard some negative comments said about visitation like, Visitation focuses more on religion than any other ciriculum which is so untrue. Religion is a subject just like Math, reading, spelling etc.If you dont wont your child learning about religion then why did you send them to a "Catholic School"? I love the school and so does my daughter.

Visitation Of Our Lady School 2

Posted July 12, 2012
Some teachers are good and some are not. If your child's safety is important then consider another school. Too many scary things are happeneing in the streets and within the Catholic School System.

Posted February 03, 2012
I've read the reviews, especially the negative ones. One says the school only focuses on religion. One is VOL lacks in religion. It's quite confusing. My daughter is in 4th grade. She's in the top 99% in reading by Terra Nova tests. All other categories are above average and most in the 90s percentile. She started in K not knowing how to read or write. Most of what she's learned, she learned at VOL. She's never gotten less than an A on a report card & is challenged daily even though classes aren't separated by student's grades until 5th grade. She's been accepted to Duke University's gifted/talented program & has won 1st place for the last 2 years at Acad of Our Lady's academic fair. While it might just sound like bragging, this was all possible because the VOL teachers & staff make education top priority. Not every student is an honor student but no matter what level your child is on, they are definietely pushed to their full potential. We absolutely did not like her 3rd grade teacher. We felt she missed too much school & wasn't focused on the kids at all but it didn't seem to affect my daughter's grades. I went to VOL in the 80's & they've only gotten better with time.

Posted August 19, 2011
My daughter attended VOL from pre-k3---8th grade. This is an excellent private school. I don't know why parents complain of lack of education in this school because I never encounter that problem. As far as asking for money for this or that, what school doesn't. Public school isn't as cheap as everyone thinks it is. My daughter was well prepared for high school and she graduated this year from a Catholic High School well prepared for college. My husband went to VOL and one day when I have granchildren I know that they will attend VOL. Great principle, staff, and students. I would highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted July 17, 2011
Everything you could possibly ask for in a school. Teachers are excellent and they truly care for the students.

Visitation Of Our Lady School 4

Posted June 16, 2011
My child has been at this school for 4 years and I have always felt that the teachers are truely working in his best interest, even when I am pressuring him to do more. I have come to appreciate the idea of age appropriate learning, pacing, and activities. I am also apart of the staff. An element that keeps me at this school is the "progressive spirit." This is the one school consistently searching for ways to improve our school, our kids, and our community! Everyone is involved! I have always and will continue to supplement my childs' learning experience because I firmly believe that parents are the first teachers. I recognize that quality is worth more to me than quantity. I do believe that my child"s teachers have laid the foundation for him to be a successful person. For parents who are dissatified with the VOL experience it is unfortunate. I have had students rejected from other schools because of their learning styles. We welcome all learners and all levels because that is our mission! As for the teachers we must be certified, many of our teachers have or are currently working toward Master Degrees, and all teachers are responsible for acquiring hours every year!

Visitation Of Our Lady School 3

Posted May 12, 2011
I sent my child here for 3 semesters and felt like they were missing out on very important things that they should have been taught. I find the school is based a little to much on religion and needs to focus on the education of the children that are going to struggle in the real world when they leave here. My child was never sent home with homework and I would double check the webpage to verify. When she went back to her original school she had been at since she was 2 she has struggled to keep up on the English curriculum and my A-B child is finishing her 4th quarter out with an F because she fell so far behind. I believe in the religion part of education but religion is not going to get you a good foundation when these children leave out of this school and enroll in schools they are not prepared for.

Visitation Of Our Lady School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I am very unhappy with this school. My son isn't learning on level. Compared to the public schools in the area his class is Months behind. I can't believe that they are that far behind. I pay so much for my son to go to this school and I DON'T FEEL like I am getting what I am paying for. (Or maybe I am I m paying for his grades. He is learning less and the tests seem pretty dumbed down to me). I found out recently the teachers at this private schools do not have to be certified teachers. I can't believe they actually have lower standards for the teachers then the public schools do. My son will not be returning and my daughter was just registered for Kindergarten at the next school over our local public school. At least the public schools won't rob me blind with fees. This schools fees are absurd.

Visitation Of Our Lady School 4

Posted March 15, 2010
Last year I was really unhappy with my child's teacher. She was really not warm and caring and I did not feel that she did enough to help my child. This year, however is different. She is in 1st grade and has a wonderful teacher. She struggles in reading and her teacher went out to a local bookstore to help find a book to help her with her reading comprehension. Anytime I have a question regarding a test or assignment, she responds in a helpful way. My daughter is now a good reader and has confidence because of her teacher. Being a teacher myself, I know how difficult it can be to try and help struggling students. This teacher goes above and beyond for her students.

Visitation Of Our Lady School
3520 Ames Boulevard, Marrero, LA  70072
Last modified Visitation Of Our Lady School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Visitation Of Our Lady School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top