PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I am a mom of 2 boys that attended a mother's day out program for a few years. Their dad and I decided to move both boys when my oldest started Pre k-4. St Francis offers a Pre k-2 program with the same hours at the Pre k-4 program, which was a huge plus for us. After 2.5 years I can honestly say it was a wonderful move for our family. Our boys are thriving academically and socially. Their teachers are teaching in creative ways furthering their enthusiasm towards learning new things and have new experiences. They are also excelling in the AR reading program St Francis promotes. Another offering we like is the boys attend mass with the entire school every Friday. They also have a new buddy every year to sit with them in mass and participate with them in events during the year. I feel that promotes more of a family environment. If you are looking for a smaller environment with many offerings St Francis is definitely a good fit.

All in all, as a parent, in my experience I have nothing bad to say about St. Francis Xavier. My son's experience, thus far, has been wonderful and it is a great catholic school. I know everyone's experience is different...some love it, others, not so much. Either way, I'm glad I choose this school (which have great academics) for my son and he has been there for 3 years now and doing well. I will support this school and do my best to recruit others if they are seeking a great catholic school education.

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are excellent with the children and the academics are off the charts. It's a very interactive environment which brings in a lot of technology (mobile computer labs, smart boards, multimedia activities) as well as traditional methods. I found that my children exceed the educational level of my friends children in many ways (mostly reading and math). There is a heavy emphasis on reading and accelerated reader. The teachers also send home activities so the parent are part of the child's learning experience. I have notice that, with Saint Francis, you get what you give. Rude, mean, and stuck up parents get the same professionally standards and treatment from the staff; but other parents won't be so forgiving. Also, if you're looking for a place to just "store your kids" while your at work, St. Francis is not your kind of place. They want you to be involved with your child's education. Also as a huge plus, the school has armed police security from 7:30 until 4:30 everyday which in this day and age is a wonderful safeguard. Most people will recommend this school.

TERRIBLE SCHOOL. My child went there for 1 year and I totally regretted that I use that school. The teachers are lazy and don't teach the kids. They send tone of homework at home for the parents to do. In order words the parents do 95% of the work and the teacher did 5%. One teacher told me herself that she does not have time to teach my child. Don't be hardheaded like I was. DO NOT SEND YOUR KID TO THAT SCHOOL unless this is the only school that accepts your child. I really really regretted that I use this school. I should of listens to other people who told me not to send my kid there. Now I have learned a valuable lesson.

As with any school, you only get out of a school what you put into it. What my family and I love most about this school is it is small and everyone knows everyone. Our Principal, office staff, and teachers know each child as an individual and not a number. We have families from all over the city, and everyone is welcoming with open arms. Our Home and School Association is thriving, and continuing to grow with events such as: Parents Back to School Night and Mom's Quarterly Brunches. If you are interested in a small, friendly, and outgoing school with a supporting parish St. Francis is definitely the school for you and your family!

I have two children that attend St. Francis Xavier and this is our second year. St. Francis is a close knit community where every teacher knows every student. Your child is not just a social security number here, they are a member of the St. Francis Family. From the admission process to all the extra-curricular activities, my family was welcomed with open arms. All of the other moms and dads that I have met through volunteering and after school activities have been wonderful. The family events that they sponsor throughout the year has let me and my husband have a chance to meet and socialize with other St. Francis families and we have met some of our very best friends. Our children are thriving academically as well as spiritually. I can't imagine sending my children anywhere else.

Extremely rude, sarcastic and judgmental admission stuff!! All I can say is, if you are looking for a catholic school, there are much friendlier places, with the same academic level, for the same price and with great teachers!

I am a former parent of three children who attended St. Francis and I can't tell how wonderful the school is. The teachers are warm and caring, and continually strive to try innovative ways to meet the children's educational, emotional and spiritual needs. The administration was always responsive to our concerns, went out of their way to see that our children were prepared for anything they would encounter in High School. (They were immensely successful! My son was a special needs student. The program at St. Francis addressed his needs so beautifully that he was able to attend a Catholic high school with only minor assistance. My only regret is that in the last couple of years I was transferred out of town and had to leave the St., Francis Family. I would love to do it all over again.

St. Francis Xavier is a wonderful small school with caring, hands-on teachers. The curriculum is excellent and students excel at the high schools of their choice.

I think this is a wonderful school with an excellent pastor and principal. We have felt welcomed here from our first year and have made some great friends with other parents. I can't imagine going to another school for elementary grades and this school has a great record of their students attending their first choice of high school. The school is also very tolerant of diverse learners, a hard find in today's private/charter school world.

Last modified St. Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7