Metairie, LA
Before care: Yes

St. Francis Xavier School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
Extremely rude, sarcastic and judgmental admission stuff!! All I can say is, if you are looking for a catholic school, there are much friendlier places, with the same academic level, for the same price and with great teachers!

Posted February 13, 2014
I am a former parent of three children who attended St. Francis and I can't tell how wonderful the school is. The teachers are warm and caring, and continually strive to try innovative ways to meet the children's educational, emotional and spiritual needs. The administration was always responsive to our concerns, went out of their way to see that our children were prepared for anything they would encounter in High School. (They were immensely successful! My son was a special needs student. The program at St. Francis addressed his needs so beautifully that he was able to attend a Catholic high school with only minor assistance. My only regret is that in the last couple of years I was transferred out of town and had to leave the St., Francis Family. I would love to do it all over again.

Posted November 19, 2013
St. Francis Xavier is a wonderful small school with caring, hands-on teachers. The curriculum is excellent and students excel at the high schools of their choice.

Posted August 18, 2011
I think this is a wonderful school with an excellent pastor and principal. We have felt welcomed here from our first year and have made some great friends with other parents. I can't imagine going to another school for elementary grades and this school has a great record of their students attending their first choice of high school. The school is also very tolerant of diverse learners, a hard find in today's private/charter school world.

Posted August 16, 2011
My daughter attends St Francis Xavier and it is one of the best decisions I ever made sending her there. Not only do they have an outstanding curriculum, the staff are all very warm and caring.

Posted June 08, 2011
I attended SFX from K-8. I am now 25 years old with a college degree. SFX was the best thing that could have happened for me. I breezed through high school. I guess you could say I was over-prepared. At SFX I won an award in seventh grade that allowed me to attend the following year, my 8th grade year, for FREE. The faculty and staff were just wonderful. They went our of their way to help and make you feel good. I still use what I learned from them today. The classes were small and every one of us received one-on-one attention. I have nothing bad to say about SFX. I have nothing but wonderful memories, and I hope to one day send my children there as well.

St. Francis Xavier School 2

Posted March 24, 2011
SFX is good to a degree. However, if your child needs additional help due to learning disabilities this isn't the school for you. All they want to do is hold them back-not address the situation. They were involved w/ JPPSS for Sp. Ed. but they took very few students into the program and dismissed children with obvious problems. Furthermore, SFX is too money hungry. It seems that is all you hear from the Parish is money needed/ wanted for the Church. The parish itself overlooks those with little money for those with money.

Posted November 05, 2009
St. Francis was just a wonderful school to attend. The teacher were great. The janitor knew each child by name, the whole time he was employeed here. He and his wife were loved by each student and their parents. I remember when his wife died, over 25 years ago, the school held a car wash and a bake sale, to help him pay for her funeral.

St. Francis Xavier School 0

Posted January 05, 2008
We started at St.Francis after the storm and it has been a wonderful school. The people and teachers are so friendly. I would definately consider this school of your choice. They definately prepare them academically for high school.

Posted January 18, 2005
- a former student
I attended St. Francis Xavier as a student since kindergarden. I am now in 9th grade. St francis Xavier became like my home. The staff became like family and it was an overall wonderful learning envirment.

St. Francis Xavier School
215 Betz Place, Metairie, LA  70005
Last modified St. Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
St. Francis Xavier School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top